• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Welcome to the new board folks!!

Congrats!

Karlin,

Congrats on getting the new board up and running :D It is great to have the avatars and the signature line. Thanks for all your work in making it happen!!

Congrats!

Karlin,

Congrats on getting the new board up and running :D It is great to have the avatars and the signature line. Thanks for all your work in making it happen!!

Karlin,

FYI, I never had a problem with logging on and staying on after the first night.

I would like to see both a Health and Diet section.

Also about avatars. They don't show up in the preview mode. Just wanted to let people know. :)

The logging on problem happened to two people and has been reported before on this software but the fix I tried seems to have resolved it.

What's the duplicate posts problem? I haven't seen any yet... Could be because of anyone who didn't delete out their file and cookie cache then resign in, they are getting logged on twice?

Rosalie did you see how to change your time? You change it in the profile section for yourself, down near the bottom. Also did you figure out how to resize your avatar? I liked that pic you had of the dogpile!

karlin said:
What's the duplicate posts problem? I haven't seen any yet... Could be because of anyone who didn't delete out their file and cookie cache then resign in, they are getting logged on twice?

Look up a few posts. Roberta has two identical posts.

I think you can edit it but it will say it is edited and say how many times. That's what happens on Bart's board. I can look at the settings and see if that is a value I need to change.

Tomorrow I will set you and Pat up with permissions to post into the FAQs.

I am now seeing the edit. I think I was looking at someone else's post. There's something you can't do to your post unless it's the last one. It must be delete. It's weird. I'm used to seeing all the buttons on everyone's messages!

Also you can edit your post without the 'edited' line coming up as long as it is the last post, I think...

I believe you can always delete your post but you can tell by looking at the options you are given on the post itself.

karlin said:
Also you can edit your post without the 'edited' line coming up as long as it is the last post, I think...

I believe you can always delete your post but you can tell by looking at the options you are given on the post itself.

As soon as there's another post under yours, the X for delete disappears. It's not a big deal, someone can just erase their message if they want it gone. I just think it's weird.

Hmmm, may be to preserve the flow of a thread -- as in if you post and then people respond and then you delete your post, it can be confusing to the whole thread; whereas iat least if you delete the contents but can't remove the post entirely it shows there was a post by you, to which people responded...

Hi Karlin,

I've enjoyed looking around your new site. It's brillaint but I can't seem to log in :cry:

Please can you help.

Thanks.

Anonymous said:
Hi Karlin,

I've enjoyed looking around your new site. It's brillaint but I can't seem to log in :cry:

Please can you help.

Thanks.

Ooops it would help if I said you I was.

Julie m

Great new site!!! Now I will never get to bed at a decent hour!! Thanks Karlin for all your hard work-it is terrific!

Julie you need to register first. If you registered before and now it won't let you log in, you need to delete your file and cookie cache and then return to the site and it will ask you to register again. You do this by going to the Tools menu at top of your browser then Internet Options then click the buttons to delete files and cookies.

If things still aren't working let me know.

Still no Luck!

I go into delete files and cookies, then register again, try logging on and it say's sorry there is someone already registerd with that user name try again.

Oh, then you just need to choose a differnet user name. Try an initial, ior a nickname, or whatever you'd like. You can see who else is registered by looking at the memberlist (also in top menu).

By the way maybe it is already you! If it is, and you can log in, the you need to tick the box to automatically log in with each visit.

Back