• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Welcome to the new board folks!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Not much here yet but it is up and working. I'll start to fill in other areas over the weekend. If you have suggestions for sections let me know.

You can create avatars and signatures. Avatars need to be linked from an image elsewhere -- on flickr.com or photobucket.com for example if you are using a picture. You need to reduce the picture to the right size -- but you can read the general FAQ section at the very top for further information.

Now it is 2am in Ireland and I am going to bed!!

It's the default template. Clicking on the PHP logo will take you back to the site index. I need to do a lot of fiddling yet.

Oops, Guest was me. I had a problem or so re-registering. I'm going to go now and take a look around. I like the signature option.

I tried to think about all the stuff we talk about regularly that then gets hard to find because *everything* is under, say, 'general'. And create some subsections. I especially thought this would be useful on pictures as there are certain recurring types of pictures that everyone likes to see -- owner pics and puppies for example!

I'm limiting posting ability in the FAQs etc for the moment. I'm also trying to figure out how we can post some documents -- Clare Rusbridge for example has offered to let us put in her quarterly newsletter. Also need to fix that index page -- I know what the problem is; it's just figuring out (remembering!) how to fix it. Once that is fixed then we can let people know more generally that this site is here.

I will have much more time to do this this evening -- right now I'm working on a pile of stories that need to be done for this evening!

Very nice! I really like this one! Except I can't get my avatar to work! *pout* :cry:

Maybe it is too large? You should just need to paste in the url to the space provided for the avatar in your profile.

I don't think this one likes Shutterfly... because I can't get my picture of Sophie up either.

Also, I can't get it to keep me logged in once its bookmarked? Ugh :)

I love the new board, just trying to figure out how everything works. Look forward to seeing all of your lovely pooches.
Kat

Do I need for the HTML option to be off or on? I'm also checking my time. I like to know the time everyone posts.

rosalie

My time is right for central time. GMT - 6

It's 2:25pm right now.

Now my time is off. it"s 4:07 and it say 8:? the main time is off, how do we fix the main time?

rosalie

:shock: WOW, Karlin... very nicely done! Thanks to Jackie for giving me a heads up about this nice new place.

:)

Barb

p.s. I'll hafta set aside some time to get an avatar up! What a nice touch!

Pat

Bonnie -- will you make an avatar for me tomorrow? You can take a picture of Nominee.......maybe I'll bring Darby too.

You set your own time zone in your profile section (down near the bottom). otherwise default is GMT (which I am on anyway!).

Maggie so you are habing the login problem too. Anyone who hasn't yet but signed up before just now: you need to go to the Tools section of your browser (on top bar), go into 'internet options', then click on BOTH 'delete cookies' and 'delete files' which clears everything. Then I hope the login problem will stop...

OK, I've just spent a few hours demolishing all the smilies, and desperately trying to get them to reappear, then eventually finding a batch that worked to replace them... :shock: :?

I like this new set a little better than the standard ones and now have to figure out how to add others...

Next step will be to start filling some of the empty space then replace the php logo with a temporary image til my friend does our new logo... at that point this will look a bit more like a proper board than a template!!

Back