• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Therapy Dog International and The Delta Society

Lady-Therapy Dog

Hello, Jackie,
Our Lady has gone through Good Citizens training and will have her therapy dog designation in October.
We are considering joining TDI.
Per website and a recent phone conversation, they seem to to be quite organized. Assuming Lady passes her test, I'll introduce her to our networking group in October and start visits soon thereafter. Our group is called Solutions for Seniors (we're on the web...my link is My Driver.....car service)
Your comments regards TDI or other recommendations would be appreciated.
Again, Thank you for posting a therapy dog thread.
Kindly,
Steve

Hi Steve:

Sorry for the late post. That's awesome that you're having Lady certified. Cavaliers make wonderful Therapy Dogs. I have my tri certified with TDI and the Delta Society. I've found in my area that you're basically on your own with TDI. You're given a list of places that have requested therapy dogs and you contact them to set up your visits.

Through the Delta Society we actually work as a team with a group called Partners with Paws. The team Candle and I work on will be going into an alternative school starting in October. We will be working with the school psychologist to set up a program where the kids interact with the dogs to accomplish a specific task/goal. This is my first year with PWP and I'm really excited to be helping kids and have them experience the enormous amout of love Candle has to give.

I've found that there are more places to visit than therapy dogs available. We could literally visit a different place every day of the week.

Goodluck with your TD test. The last one we took (for Delta Society) Candle received higher marks than I did :)

Back