• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

no Shutterfly?????

rory

Really? Shutterfly pics don't work? That's terrible. Karlin, any idea what's up with that?

I have thousands of photos up on shutterfly and don't want to have to post pics to both shutterfly and photobucket!

If they work on Cavalier Connection they should work here as it is the same software. Try posting one. If there was a problem it is more likely that either the picture is in the wrong format like a slideshow or thumbnail, or there's a missing part of the url, etc.

Pic copied straight from ckcs.com:

47b5dc00b3127cce9031e46903b000000016108AZtWbRwzZsz

For some reason, it doesn't work. :cry:

I have the same VERY frustating problem. I really prefer Shutterfly and hate having to upload them all to the backside of my website just to post. These have worked fine on CC for the past year. Karlin please help us!! I'm so sad without my avatar! Sniff...even Rory's mommy has an avatar!

Snapfish

I have my photos in Snapfish and can post them on the other site but not here for some reason. :?
Is anyone else having this issue?

I think this is due to the same reason. The fellow who runs the other board has not updated his software in some time (which is why the site was hacked and shut down for around 2 weeks a few months back -- he's running version 2.0.6 rather than the current version, 2.0.14 which makes the site vulnerable). The last few versions (since 2.0.8 ) of this board software do not allow the kind of deep links needed to post from Shutterfly because a hacker could use the links to get into the board software and take down the board -- this has been a well-documented security risk for this board software for over a year.

Any images need to have these extensions in order for you to be able to post them:

jpg, jpeg, gif, png

Shutterfly and probably Snapfish are having you post a webpage that stores your image rather than the image itself (hence they do not have any of the photo extensions noted above on the files). This is the security risk though I am not enough of a geek to understand how the hack would be done. icon_thumbsup

Snapfish

Ok, now I'm really confused, because all of my photos in Snapfish are jpegs, so they should work...right??

Jen did the snapfish pics ever work? If they don't, the reason is the way they are stored on those photo sites -- linking to them creates a vulnerability on the board so the people who created this software took away that ability to post about a year or so ago -- about 7-8 versions ago of this software.

If Bart ever updates Cavalier Connection's software, all the shutterfly pics will also disappear... that site is running a really old version of the php software, very risky; it's already been hit once by a virus that would have been blocked with current software. :? This site has already had an update come out since I set it up so I need to get that one installed...

Back