• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How the heck ~

Maxwell&me

Can anyone explain exactly how to make an avatar? I think I have every photo software in the book but cant figure out how to use it. I tried to use photobucket however it makes the photo to large and changes the size of the text box...so that wont work...and suggestions would be appreciated.

Avatar, heck I cannot even get a confirmation email to finish my registration. Who do I contact for that?
Kat

I use photobucket also. You need to edit the photo and change the size. Try resizing to 50%. Then copy the url and post it to the space for avatar. Does that make sense?

Cathy

Anonymous said:
Avatar, heck I cannot even get a confirmation email to finish my registration. Who do I contact for that?
Kat

I didn't get a confirmation. Just try logging on. What happens?

Cathy Said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use photobucket also. You need to edit the photo and change the size. Try resizing to 50%. Then copy the url and post it to the space for avatar. Does that make sense?

Cathy

I tried 25, 50 & 75% on photobucket and they are all too big. What am I doing wrong? icon_furious icon_nwunsure

Try shrinking it on your computer and then uploading the small image to photobucket.

I right clicked on the thumbnail pic on Photobucket and got the url from that under properties and voila the right size.

Hi Kat -- you shouldn't need a confirmation as I set it so you can log straight on. The problem may be that I had to run a programme to fix a log-on programme -- which cancelled the original 'cookie' sent to your computer to let you log on straight away. Try going to the 'tools' section on your browser menu. then click on 'internet options', then click BOTh delete files and delete cookies. Now come back to this site and it will ask you to log on again. Once you log on (and click the box to log on automatically from then on) the problem should be solved.

Avatars: I posted some basic instructions on doing an avatar in the Posting Rules section (very first section) and also in the 'welcome to the board' thread in this section. There is further detail in the 'FAQ' on the top menu (under 'Cavalier Talk').

I can explain it in more detail tomorrow but have to go to bed over here as it is 1:30am!

If anyone likes ..you can email me with an attachment of your picture and I will try to reduce it in photbucket like I did mine....I simply reduced the my orgional picture by 50% and then I did again by 25% and got the what I show as an avatar...I then right clicked in the url and copied it and then I pasted it in the box fo the avatar....I think :shock: Anyway I will try to do what I did if you want to email me....Laurie ...I can try :badgrin:

ps... I think I will need to sign in though under your names to do it, right Karlin ???? icon_yikes

Back