Thread: the rest of the 'family'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default the rest of the 'family'...

My first two with whom I shared my little house, calico sisters Jessie and Pippa who were rescue cats from a farm in Sligo (homeland of poet William Butler Yeats):

The next addition, this little man Ambrose who was dumped in a box in an industrial estate at 5 weeks with his brother. He still looks as solemn now that he's a big mushy 10 lb tom, like a soft piece of black velvet:

Jaspar and Ambrose, as Ambrose got bigger...

And Uncle Ambrose today, who likes nothing better than minding tiny foster kittens icon_heartthrob :

Though Uncle Jaspar is pretty good with kittens too (they make very soft pillows! :

The next to join was Maisie, found cowering in a nearby doorway when I was out walking Jaspar. She'd been hit by a car and her head was like a grapefruit. Here she is relaxing next to Jaspar. Like all torties, NO one messes with Da Lady! She has quiet presence:

And finally there's Quincy, the three-legged cat. Quincy is Jaspar's personal cat:

Everyone loves Quincy! He is the most loving cat to everyone and has a big personality -- even the calico sisters, who look with disdain on new arrivals, will both curl up with Quincy. I have to check the house when friends leave to make she he hasn't been spirited away as everyone wants him. icon_cat

This is one of my favourite pictures -- Uncle Ambrose offering Quincy a little advice shortly after his arrival.

It's a pretty full house! Leo mostly ignores the cats or gives them a little brief chase now and then. He likes Quincy best because sometimes Quincy chases him up and down the stairs, and Leo loves to be chased...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

There must always be lots of fun things going on in your house Karlin with all your great pets.
    How nice that they all get on well too.
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

As usual, I love to see all your pictures and read the captions!!
    rosalie

MaggieM Guest

Karlin you are so imaginative with your captions. I need you to read through my site and re-do mine What a fun and loving household. I love to see the puppies and kitties cuddling!

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin love the family you have....and you really did find your calling in your writings.....

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin - will you adopt me??!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The captions pretty much write themselves -- I can always think of about 10 things to say! My friends will tell you I'm the same in real life...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    The captions pretty much write themselves -- I can always think of about 10 things to say! My friends will tell you I'm the same in real life...
    Youv'e got the gift of the gab.
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Karlin, I didn't realise you shared your life with so many puddy tats too icon_banana

The Calicos are just gorgeous, not seen them before, but they are beautiful.

The photo of Ambrose and Quincy is amazing - you should enter that for a calendar!

I love the ones of the Cavaliers and kitties curled up together, so sweet.

We always had rescue cats {one at a time though!} whilst I was growing up - I do miss having one around, but hubby and I are both keen on wild birds, and the two don't mix terribly well Would dearly love a Siamese - the old style {Applehead?} ones, like Jason and Willow on Blue Peter for those who remember them! For those who don't, or who haven't got a clue what I'm talking about {that happens a lot to me } http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/bl...ry/index.shtml
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org