• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

the rest of the 'family'...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
My first two with whom I shared my little house, calico sisters Jessie and Pippa who were rescue cats from a farm in Sligo (homeland of poet William Butler Yeats):
pippajessie.jpg

The next addition, this little man Ambrose who was dumped in a box in an industrial estate at 5 weeks with his brother. He still looks as solemn now that he's a big mushy 10 lb tom, like a soft piece of black velvet:
diggerc.jpg

Jaspar and Ambrose, as Ambrose got bigger...
DSC01041.jpg

And Uncle Ambrose today, who likes nothing better than minding tiny foster kittens icon_heartthrob :
904045_e9769f41db.jpg

Though Uncle Jaspar is pretty good with kittens too (they make very soft pillows! :D:
904064_12d4ee0ef6.jpg

The next to join was Maisie, found cowering in a nearby doorway when I was out walking Jaspar. She'd been hit by a car and her head was like a grapefruit. Here she is relaxing next to Jaspar. Like all torties, NO one messes with Da Lady! She has quiet presence:
cats_019.jpg

And finally there's Quincy, the three-legged cat. Quincy is Jaspar's personal cat:
1369995_6dd1b387e5.jpg

Everyone loves Quincy! He is the most loving cat to everyone and has a big personality -- even the calico sisters, who look with disdain on new arrivals, will both curl up with Quincy. I have to check the house when friends leave to make she he hasn't been spirited away as everyone wants him. icon_cat

This is one of my favourite pictures -- Uncle Ambrose offering Quincy a little advice shortly after his arrival.
1369997_8459b00e43.jpg

It's a pretty full house! Leo mostly ignores the cats or gives them a little brief chase now and then. He likes Quincy best because sometimes Quincy chases him up and down the stairs, and Leo loves to be chased... :lol:

There must always be lots of fun things going on in your house Karlin with all your great pets. :D
How nice that they all get on well too.

Karlin you are so imaginative with your captions. I need you to read through my site and re-do mine icon_whistling What a fun and loving household. I love to see the puppies and kitties cuddling!

:p The captions pretty much write themselves -- I can always think of about 10 things to say! :lol: My friends will tell you I'm the same in real life...

karlin said:
:p The captions pretty much write themselves -- I can always think of about 10 things to say! :lol: My friends will tell you I'm the same in real life...

Youv'e got the gift of the gab. :D

Karlin, I didn't realise you shared your life with so many puddy tats too icon_banana

The Calicos are just gorgeous, not seen them before, but they are beautiful.

The photo of Ambrose and Quincy is amazing - you should enter that for a calendar!

I love the ones of the Cavaliers and kitties curled up together, so sweet.

We always had rescue cats {one at a time though!} whilst I was growing up - I do miss having one around, but hubby and I are both keen on wild birds, and the two don't mix terribly well :( Would dearly love a Siamese - the old style {Applehead?} ones, like Jason and Willow on Blue Peter for those who remember them! For those who don't, or who haven't got a clue what I'm talking about {that happens a lot to me icon_whistling } http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/bluepeter/pets/gallery/index.shtml

Back