Thread: Audrey's Baby picture

Post Thanks / Like

Default Audrey's Baby picture

Here is Audrey at 12 weeks

[img][/img]

Post Thanks / Like

She's sooo cute.
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another picture of Audrey at 4 months with her broken leg. It was a very traumatic time. Her Daddy accidently stepped on her. The vet put her in this ingenious splint/stilt. It put all the weight on her hip and she could hobble around in it. She actually got to be quite fast. We had to constantly try to keep her quiet. Luckily she recovered quickly!
    [img][/img]

MaggieM Guest

That's a very fancy looking cast!

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh how awlful that must of been for you all to get through.

I bet daddy watches carefully where he treds now! Chloe's a one for always getting under my feet but thankfully she's only had her paw stepped on a couple of times.
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like

Pobrecita!! Her cast looks bigger than her body! Glad everything worked out.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Her Daddy was devastated and in tears. But it could have been worse. We were at a busy rest area on our way up to our vacation home in Maine. He came back after using the facilities. It was my turn and I gave him the leash. He had two bottles of water in the other hand and lost grip on the leash. She headed out in traffic to follow me. He ran after her, stepped on the leash to stop her, and his other foot landed on her. I always tell him he saved her life! Now we really take our time passing the leash! At the time we were an hour and a half away from the house late on Saturday afternoon. By some miracle the wonderful folks at the Camden Hospital for Animals which was an hour away and half hour from our Maine home answered our frantic calls in minutes and took great care of her! It also happened on day one of a two week vacation and we were able to give her all our attention. We are thankful that if it had to happen it seemed someone was looking out for her and us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've all had those moments. I once clipped the lead back onto Jaspar's dogtag loop rather than his collar and he pulled hard as we were walking back from the park and the loop opened and he was gone, into a section of the park that is fenced and locked after dusk. icon_yikes He was good on recall but I'd never ever have let him off lead in that area, where the main road cuts through the park (it is huge -- 10 times the size of Central Park in NYC). And he took off like a shot as a pond is in there where he swims so he loves that bit. I was so frantic but decided the best course was to stay put and call him. After about 5 minites (which seemed 5 hours) he reappeared out of the dark with that 'why aren't you coming in to play?' look. So easily, he could have run into the traffic instead, or god knows what inside that area of the park.

Needless to say I got different tags on hard thick metal rings and he uses a harness now anyway with double rings...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com