Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of my favorite photos of Candle

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that Victoria is one lucky little granddaughter!! My girls dream of going to the AG shop in Chicago. But yes.. you are right on about the reason the canine girls are banned from the human girl's rooms. We're just beginning to acquire the AG dolls and believe me..no canine is getting anywhere near them. icon_moneymouth
    Mom to Candle and Ally

Post Thanks / Like

I have an AG doll!! I got her for Christmas when I was 8. I have Samantha. She's in a box with the stuff I have for her (books, some clothes & accesories) I always wanted to go to the store in Chicago. They are NICE dolls!! I definetly wouldn't want a dog near them! haha

Kali
    Kali and Paris in South Dakota

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the AG store (my friends had daughters). It's unbelievable, especially the restaurant, all the kids bring their dolls in. If you're wondering where my avatar is, Karlin told me she'd help, but I think she forgot

Post Thanks / Like

Kali ....Tory is 8....so I quess thats the age they like them ! We have Samantha....and some others ..more then I shall admit too. Nancy...the store is wonderful...but very crowded....One day my sister and her kids and Tory spent a good 3 hours looking around...and getting there dolls hair done....Its all a bit of a materialistic thing to me...But I have only one grandaughter !!!! Whom I feel partial TOO !

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for making this an AG topic..but I have more to add . My girls first discovered these dolls at 7. I about choked when I saw how expensive they were but gave in and told them they could have one if they paid for half. Well I got a whole summer of slave labor and darn if they didn't come up with their half.

Now's the kicker. They discovered the "My Twin" dolls. I asked them why in the world would they want a "My Twin" doll when they already HAD an identical twin sister. But they do ..... so I'll get another summer of slave labor. Just waiting for the snow to melt then out they go rakes in hand....
    Mom to Candle and Ally

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie I know they are expensive...and you with TWINS !....Being the Grandma....I felt I could splurge....Its important to me though that they take care of them ! Its good to make the girls do some chores....Lord knows it did not hurt me to have plenty of chores as a child...It makes you more responsible I believe ! Tory is a good little girl ....minds her parents well and makes very good grades.....so I don't mind....as I know you don't either....they can always pass them down to their own kids someday...I still have my first Barbie !!!

[/img]