• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

One of my favorite photos of Candle

Jackie

I've alway liked this one of Candle...The day she realized she couldn't get up the stairs anymore to the girls room for her "chew toys"...

IMG_0333.jpg

Awww poor Candle! Mean mommy! Just look at that sad puppy face!

Jackie she is so beautiful...but if I were to put words to it...she looks like you just grounded her to her room and she is giving you a second chance to take the discipline back....Like honestly Mom do really mean this !! :lol:

Jackie, I have always loved that picture of Candle and so glad you posted it here. Do you still have her banned from upstairs?

Thanks everyone! These guys just have that look that can wrap you around their little paw!

Bonnie - she is banned by association!! Ally is a chewer so she isn't allowed up there therefore Candle is banned too!!!!

Laurie - She does have that look doesn't she. I always thought she had that "That's not funny Mom" (about the gate at the top of the stairs) :D

Jackie, Victoria my Grandaughter comes to stay with us for 2 weeks every summer....From Nashville, TN...One of the gifts I have taken to getting for her is her collection of American Girl Dolls...We take her to chicago when she comes and we get a couple of things to add to her collection ...I warned her to never leave her stuff laying out....over and over :( and sure enough ...Chloe decided to remove her look a like $100 dollar dolls hand while we were gone one day.....I totally freaked...and quickly bandaged the hand in a small ace bandage wrap....I wanted to cushion the shock to Victoria....That evening I broke it to Tory and she cried but took it just fine...We sent the doll in and they repaired it....Certaainly will be a story she'll share with her children someday... :badgrin:

SO is that why the bedroom is banned.... :D

Oh that Victoria is one lucky little granddaughter!! My girls dream of going to the AG shop in Chicago. But yes.. you are right on about the reason the canine girls are banned from the human girl's rooms. We're just beginning to acquire the AG dolls and believe me..no canine is getting anywhere near them. icon_moneymouth

I have an AG doll!! I got her for Christmas when I was 8. I have Samantha. She's in a box with the stuff I have for her (books, some clothes & accesories) I always wanted to go to the store in Chicago. They are NICE dolls!! I definetly wouldn't want a dog near them! haha

Kali

I went to the AG store (my friends had daughters). It's unbelievable, especially the restaurant, all the kids bring their dolls in. If you're wondering where my avatar is, Karlin told me she'd help, but I think she forgot icon_whistling

Kali ....Tory is 8....so I quess thats the age they like them ! We have Samantha....and some others :oops: ..more then I shall admit too. Nancy...the store is wonderful...but very crowded....One day my sister and her kids and Tory spent a good 3 hours looking around...and getting there dolls hair done....Its all a bit of a materialistic thing to me...But I have only one grandaughter !!!! Whom I feel partial TOO ! ;)

Sorry for making this an AG topic..but I have more to add ;) . My girls first discovered these dolls at 7. I about choked when I saw how expensive they were but gave in and told them they could have one if they paid for half. Well I got a whole summer of slave labor and darn if they didn't come up with their half.

Now's the kicker. They discovered the "My Twin" dolls. I asked them why in the world would they want a "My Twin" doll when they already HAD an identical twin sister. But they do ..... so I'll get another summer of slave labor. Just waiting for the snow to melt then out they go rakes in hand.... :D

Jackie I know they are expensive...and you with TWINS !....Being the Grandma....I felt I could splurge....Its important to me though that they take care of them ! Its good to make the girls do some chores....Lord knows it did not hurt me to have plenty of chores as a child...It makes you more responsible I believe ! Tory is a good little girl ....minds her parents well and makes very good grades.....so I don't mind....as I know you don't either....they can always pass them down to their own kids someday...I still have my first Barbie !!! :roll:

[/img]

Back