• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Music for dogs

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
A friend sent me this link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4530776

Go there and you can listen to the full story and a selection of the songs, including 'Squeaky-deaky' (which would be a hit around my house). icon_dog

But here's the little article:

Pet Sounds: Album Targets Music-Loving Dogs

Weekend Edition - Saturday, March 12, 2005 · The music world offers myriad genres: classical, rock, hip-hop...but what about canine? Musician and producer Skip Haynes wants to give dogs a reason to prick up their ears. He talks with Scott Simon about his CD, Ask the Animals: Songs to Make Dogs Happy!
Haynes created the album in conjunction with an "animal communicator," Dr. Kim Ogden-Avrutik, who served as a sort of translator during focus groups to test out the music. Among the revelations: Some kinds of percussion (too much like gunshots) and the word "no" (not popular among many species) are not popular among dog listeners.

Notable titles on the disc include "I'll Be Back," "I Love Food," and what Haynes says is the album's No. 1 hit, "Squeaky-Deakey!" Haynes says that by being in the room when the album is played for the first two or three weeks, owners can create a positive association with the music that later calms pets down while the owner is out.

Funny, someone brought this up at lunch today. It must be making the news rounds. Maybe we should make our own recordings of songs for Cavaliers, sung by "Cavalier Talk" owners icon_whistling

That's a brilliant idea. We could be the next Cav idols. :lol:

I wonder what Simon Cowell would remark to that. icon_yikes

Back