• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

EVO

rosalie

I purchased my first bag of Evo and saw that the protein content is 42% and fat is 22%. This is twice as high as Canidae. I called Evo and asked about the protein. They said that since there are no grains, the protein and fat level would go up, but carbs would go down. Only special needs dogs should not have high protein. Normal dogs it was ok.

I am getting so confused with all this :? I have a call into my vet because I'm concerned about Angel in regard to high protein.

Can anyone answere the high protein question for me? The raw mix that Bonnie uses only has 10% protein. AAAHHHHHH

HELP

The feeding reconmendations for Evo are less then alot of foods too, I think it's because of the protein. That doesn't really answer your question :? but I know if you look at the feeding reconmendations for kibble the leeser the quality the more they say you should feed, like I know Kibbles n' Bits says to feed a 10lb dog 1 1/2 cups a day! Evo says 3/4 a cup I think.... I already threw the bag away b/c I put the kibble in a container.

Kali

I think the protein is high too, that's why I've always said I'm leery of feeding it as a complete food, even though it supposedly was designed for that. The ORIGINAL information that came out regarding Evo said it was to supplement raw feeding... I know that's not what it says now though.

However, as Kali mentioned the feeding sizes are much, much less than other foods.

All of that being said... because there are no grains, personally I find it to be a much better food if you aren't willing to go the raw method.

My Chester loves the EVO but I only put 1/4 cup in with whatever other dry food I'm feeding at the time. I feed Chester a variety so he doesn't get bored, never giving him the same exact mixture for more than a week at a time. Over the last year I've fed him these and he loves them all pretty equally: California Natural, Merrick, Chicken Soup, Wellness, and a spoonful of Innova or Wellness canned food mixed up with the dry to make it more yummy for His Highness.

He only eats once a day (in the evening after I eat my dinner) so the total amount of food is around 1 - 1 1/4 cup per day. Like alot of other Cavaliers he's not a big eater and he can be a bit picky at times, but I've found the mix of the dry with a spoonful of something moist is good for him. If he doesn't eat it within 30 minutes or so it gets wrapped up and put in the refridgerator for the next day.

If you baby likes the EVO just give him a small amount like I do. Anyway...there's my two cents! Good luck!

Back