• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish National Dog Show

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I only got a few pics this morning as my batteries ran out! :cry: But here are a few from the puppy class. The cavaliers are always early so I caught the second half. Lots of beautiful dogs.

The IKC built a huge arena on the edge of Dublin a few years ago and that's where they hold the annual national show each St Patrick's Day. It makes a nice alternative day out to the parades and crowds in the city.

The woman in the red jacket at the far right of the middle photo is Heather Lamont of Moorfield cavaliers in Northern Ireland; very well known figure in cavaliers on the island.

6735522_e5f89197a6.jpg

6735623_4c04634c55.jpg

This cute little b&t ended up with alien eye as the flash caught it the wrong way:

6735503_53163278d7.jpg

karlin said:
The woman in the red jacket at the far right of the middle photo is Heather Lamont of Moorfield cavaliers in Northern Ireland; very well known figure in cavaliers on the island.

That's where Rory's dad came from~!! :D

What fun! I wish we had a fabulous dog show every St. Patty's day!! :)

Looks like a fun day Karlin. It's lovely just to see a gathering of them together isn't it?

Yes was a really good day, and there was very good representation of wholecolours. Today they had hounds and terriers so went out for that. Got a great free bin from Royal Canin that holds 20k of food -- which I actually wanted for the catfood so it is SAFE from the dogs... :roll: -- and they gave me some cool little LED light-up thingies that clip to the dogs' collars for night walks. I also got a free clicker plus some treats.

I finally saw a Bedlington terrier in the flesh -- they are so strange-looking! :lol:

Julie said:
A Bedlington Terrier reminds me of a long legged hutched back lamb. :?

At the Columbus show someone brought in several litters of bedlington puppies for the eye clinic... strange looking things!

One thing I realised at the show is that both Jaspar and Leo really have 'gay' tails -- they generally hold them curled up over their backs or held high, though they drop them too. Whereas all the dogs in the ring held them really low. Actually I kind of like them held high as you see all the feathering then, and that's one reason why I get a lot of remarks on the dogs from people that don't know the breed really well (Jaspar has really long feathering). It must be a quite common fault.

Looks like there were some super Cavaliers there Karlin - do many of the US breeders stay for the show after Crufts?

Who took BOB in the Cavaliers?

Julie said:
A Bedlington Terrier reminds me of a long legged hutched back lamb. :?

I've just read my own post back and had a giggle at my mistake. I mean't to say hunchbacked lamb not hutched.

I missed the BOB for the cavaliers -- I watched for a while then had to go hunt down my friends. It's pretty much an Irish show -- the UK/US crowd would all have been at Crufts the previous week but some cavalier people told me some of the US people do come over. Lots of Northern Irish come down for this show -- sometimes it seems you hear nothing but Northern accents! :lol: Lots of UK people on the sales booths and some UK people showing too.

Back