• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jaspar's bad hair day...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Jaspar is finally losing his puppy coat and at the moment always looks a bit dishevelled. In particular the soft downy puppy hair on his head is now meeting an uprising of adult hair creeping up the back of his head and this seems to make the downy hair stand on end all the time. I always say he looks like a man with a combover on a windy day (shhh, don't let him hear I said that!). I sure hope this goes away soon!:

6735717_3cf3eb7433.jpg

Leo is not much better. All his black hair is long and going every which way, while his white hair is fine and smooth!

6742496_8c92f2bc9b.jpg

Really Really cute...Thats funny on Jaspars head...And by the way Miss Karlin ....Happy St. Patty's Day icon_banana .....I took my sister and Mom out for Cornbeef and Cabbage today !!!!

Karlin,

Looks like Leo is ready for a Topcoat!!! My 2 tri's HAVE to use them after a bath or their coat is wild!!

Aha Rosalie, I shpould have known I was giving you a Topcoat opportunity!! :D Yes think I WILL get them when I get back to the US; so much easier than trying to blowdry completely.

Chloe's hair is doing exactly the same thing as Jaspers. I actually quite like it though. All my son want's to do is gel it up like he does his. Perhaps we will give it a try sometime and I'll post a pic. :lol:

Sigh.. Izzy's old man comb over never went away :p I threaten gel or trimming it... but everyone else loves her "spike" hair-do

MaggieM said:
Sigh.. Izzy's old man comb over never went away :p I threaten gel or trimming it... but everyone else loves her "spike" hair-do

It's a cool and trendy style. ;)

Aaah, I love Jasper's "reservoir dog" look - just needs a bit of gel!! Perhaps we should start a "tufty club"?

There must be something about the black hair on Tris, Princess Peaches has exactly the same problem as Leo :D

What's a Topcoat???

Jasper

I would love it if Abbey's hair was whispy and fly-away! Instead, she looks like some prehistoric wooly mammoth, her hair is SO thick!! I've yet to meet a Cav that has a coat like hers, she's just a furball--there's nothing sleek about it.

Jen - is Abbey a tri?

Both of mine are and Jake has lots of black hair and is super thick-coated. In fact, we used to call him the wooly mammoth!

When he was a baby his hair would stand straight up like Jasper's. Now it's so long it falls into a really goofy looking poindexter part. We have the breeder trim it or else it falls down in his eyes.

Abbey

Yup, she's a 3 yr old tri. When she was a baby her hair was a bit thinner, and then after she was spayed it got considerably thicker and woolier. Even her feathering on her legs is super thick, it doesn't feather, it just hangs all heavy...my mom says she's got flaps on her arms like her grandma!!!
We typically have her groomed short, it's just easier with how much we're outdoors, etc. otherwise it's nearly impossible to keep her healthy and clean with how thick her coat is. Plus, she seems more comfortable.

When he was a baby his hair would stand straight up like Jasper's. Now it's so long it falls into a really goofy looking poindexter part.

:) I can just picture that!

Both boys are really beginning to get in a lot of coat. Jaspar just looks so disshevelled though -- you can see the fine hair all sticking out as the adult coat comes in. These guys seem to get their coats really late -- they are both over 18 months now.

Black hair is always thicker and woolier I think. Th heaviest coats I have seen have all been on black and tans.

For those with doglets with heavy, woolly coats, have you tried a Mars Coat King? It's a stripping knife, and removes the dead hair.

They are available from

[url]http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Coat_Kings.html [/url]

They look horrific, but if you run it across your arm, you will see that it is perfectly safe. They are very easy to use, and really keep the coat under control. I used to have to have Rupert clipped, but don't anymore as I use this instead {I just clip him underneath as he is unable to cope with too much "pulling about"}

I use the 20 blade ex/fine.

I love to see these tufts of puppy coat as they disappear.
Many years ago a boy I had developed them on his cheeks, rather like a handlebar moustache. We nicknamed him Pilot Officer Prune !
Best wishes,
Ruth

Back