Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: third one

Post Thanks / Like

Another one to love and cuddly. How exciting.
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooh how exciting!!

I did find 3 harder than 2, I must admit - but you just have to be more organised! It helps if they walk in a straight line, Peaches weaves from side to side, so they tend to get tangled up!!

I think once you have 3, it doesn't make too much difference as your life revolves around them anyway

Maybe things to think about are holidays - do the doglets come with you, and if so, will the accomodation accept 3 rather than 2? We found that even if it said 2 on the literature, if we explained that it was 3 small dogs, sometimes they would let you get away with that.

Other times, I've been told they will only accept 1 dog - of any size, but not 2 small well behaved ones!!

Feeding costs aren't that much more, but vet bills?

Sorry, got my practical head on today

Hugs for Jake and Shelby, tell them to keep well so that Momma can have another Cavalier!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

MaggieM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Oooh how exciting!!

I did find 3 harder than 2, I must admit - but you just have to be more organised! It helps if they walk in a straight line, Peaches weaves from side to side, so they tend to get tangled up!!

I think once you have 3, it doesn't make too much difference as your life revolves around them anyway

Maybe things to think about are holidays - do the doglets come with you, and if so, will the accomodation accept 3 rather than 2? We found that even if it said 2 on the literature, if we explained that it was 3 small dogs, sometimes they would let you get away with that.

Other times, I've been told they will only accept 1 dog - of any size, but not 2 small well behaved ones!!

Feeding costs aren't that much more, but vet bills?

Sorry, got my practical head on today

Hugs for Jake and Shelby, tell them to keep well so that Momma can have another Cavalier!
    3 is definitely harder than 2.... but 4 is no hardert han 3 :P

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't find that 3 were any harder than 2. KC was so happy to have a playmate that I never noticed any difference. I use the petwalker plus for walks and no problem at all. Two dogs on each side and they know that they are not to cross over. I do get lots of laughs "You've got your hands full!!" comments.
    rosalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki

We have a dog sitter that comes to the house and groomer also does boarding at her house. She's a cavalier lover also. The big question is vet bills. I can handle the food and the toys and that stuff. But, with what we've spent on vet bills the last couple of months, I just don't know. That's why we want to make sure Jake and Shelby are in the all-clear before we think about it.

Cathy
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri male. Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri female. Heck, I don't care!!
    Sounds familiar. Wanted blenheim female, got blenheim male. Wanted b&t male or female, got tri male!

I'm tempted by a b&t as the next... but also want a great pyrenees as the next so that has kept me well-behaved at two for now.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com