• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

third one

Cathy T

My husband can really amaze me sometimes. I have a picture of a blenheim on my calendar that has the most beautiful splayed out silky ears. John saw the picture and said he wants one of those!!! :shock: We seriously talked about how we would just add another crate and that my car has three seat belts! We agreed we'll wait about a year to make sure Jake and Shelby are past all of their health crisis. Right now my checkbook can't handle anything. But, this means it's not toally out of the picture!! Yeah!!!

Three's the Charm~! Now you can all see my Avatar that Karlin was so kind to help me with and my silly boy :lol:

Should be appearing; it is on my browser and the viewing tag is set to 'public' viewing on the site where it's stored...

Cathy,

After the 3rd, then you'll start thinking about where the 4th can go, how to do walks, etc!! This is from the voice of experience :( 3 is no harder than 2, and 4 is no harder than 3 with my herd!!

rosalie said:
3 is no harder than 2, and 4 is no harder than 3 with my herd!!

Well, that's encouraging. Two was a big difference from one but also had such huge benefits (doggies playing with each other rather than relying on me all the time!).

I've said before that I'd love a ruby but if hubby wants a blenheim who am I to argue??!! Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri male. Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri female. Heck, I don't care!!

Oooh how exciting!!

I did find 3 harder than 2, I must admit - but you just have to be more organised! It helps if they walk in a straight line, Peaches weaves from side to side, so they tend to get tangled up!!

I think once you have 3, it doesn't make too much difference as your life revolves around them anyway :D

Maybe things to think about are holidays - do the doglets come with you, and if so, will the accomodation accept 3 rather than 2? We found that even if it said 2 on the literature, if we explained that it was 3 small dogs, sometimes they would let you get away with that.

Other times, I've been told they will only accept 1 dog - of any size, but not 2 small well behaved ones!!

Feeding costs aren't that much more, but vet bills?

Sorry, got my practical head on today icon_whistling

Hugs for Jake and Shelby, tell them to keep well so that Momma can have another Cavalier!

Nicki said:
Oooh how exciting!!

I did find 3 harder than 2, I must admit - but you just have to be more organised! It helps if they walk in a straight line, Peaches weaves from side to side, so they tend to get tangled up!!

I think once you have 3, it doesn't make too much difference as your life revolves around them anyway :D

Maybe things to think about are holidays - do the doglets come with you, and if so, will the accomodation accept 3 rather than 2? We found that even if it said 2 on the literature, if we explained that it was 3 small dogs, sometimes they would let you get away with that.

Other times, I've been told they will only accept 1 dog - of any size, but not 2 small well behaved ones!!

Feeding costs aren't that much more, but vet bills?

Sorry, got my practical head on today icon_whistling

Hugs for Jake and Shelby, tell them to keep well so that Momma can have another Cavalier!

3 is definitely harder than 2.... but 4 is no hardert han 3 :p

I didn't find that 3 were any harder than 2. KC was so happy to have a playmate that I never noticed any difference. I use the petwalker plus for walks and no problem at all. Two dogs on each side and they know that they are not to cross over. I do get lots of laughs "You've got your hands full!!" comments.

Nicki said:

We have a dog sitter that comes to the house and groomer also does boarding at her house. She's a cavalier lover also. The big question is vet bills. I can handle the food and the toys and that stuff. But, with what we've spent on vet bills the last couple of months, I just don't know. That's why we want to make sure Jake and Shelby are in the all-clear before we think about it.

Cathy

Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri male. Wanted a blenheim female, got a tri female. Heck, I don't care!!

:lol: Sounds familiar. Wanted blenheim female, got blenheim male. Wanted b&t male or female, got tri male!

I'm tempted by a b&t as the next... but also want a great pyrenees as the next so that has kept me well-behaved at two for now.

Back