• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Park

rosalie

I took my 4 to the dag park today. What a blast!!! When we got there, there was 1 other Cav. Mine just run to greet him :lol: So cute. I sat with the owner, and a little later, in comes this man with a Charlie! He was a b&T and so cute!! His tail had been docked and his face was a lot more squashed in, but he came over to also meet the gang . Before the Charlie, the owner had a Cav. He likes the Cav's much better and wants a female. When I told him that Angel was a rescue, he wanted to know how he could get a rescue. So Chris & Kat, if you get an application from a man in Texas, it might be him. He did make the statement that there were no Cav puppy mills. I did correct him on this, quickly!! LOL

Lilly sat in my lap the whole time. She was a little scared. KC & Angel stayed close, but sociable. BOSLEY is the Walmart Greeter :roll: He would jump up in stranger's laps and just sit down. I kept having to call him to stay with us. He always came, but then would go back to strangers :badgrin: It was a gorious day, 70's, and so much fun. Try it, you'll like it!!! :D

How fun! Our dog park here charges a membership fee.. and a visit fee. Too much for me! I'm jealous!

We go to the dark park as frequently as possible. The dogs LOVE it. I've been taking them both to the dog park since they were old enough to have all their vaccines! :) Rory isn't at all afraid of the big dogs and just runs runs runs and pees on everything 10x. :oops: So, pretty much the whole dog park is his. ;)

It's great for me, especially, since we don't have a back yard, so they dogs don't get the opportunity to just run free that much.

Glad your kids enjoyed it!! It's almost just as much fun to meet other people's dogs, too!! :) I've met some great folks at the dog parks!

You are so lucky to have those dog parks near you.

My only experience at a dog park was while we were away in Liverpool on a cold damp morning. There wasn't anybody else around so we had it all to ourselves. I thought great for once I can let her off her lead. Well she just sat there she wouldn't move from my side. If I'd realized the doggy park was there I would of taken a ball or something for her to play fetch. so it wasn't such a fun experience for Chloe but I think they can be a great place to socialize with other dog lovers and pets.

My guys loooove the dog park. After dinner they know it's park time. As I'm putting on my shoes Jake is running around barking to hurry me along and Shelby is giving me kisses! When we get up there Jake starts barking as we pull into the park. I bring his floppy disc and he will retrieve for hours if I let him. Shelby just likes to run along side him. She's a little more social and will go visit other dogs.

The other blessing about the park is all of the wonderful people I've met who are as crazy about their dogs as I am. When Jake was diagnosed with carcinoma the first place I went was to the park. We have a our regular 4:00 group and they were all such a comfort. Pretty soon everyone knew what was going on and all had kind words and good thoughts. They really helped and it was great to celebrate with them when we had good news!

Back