• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cycling cavaliers

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
This is how I transport my dogs around Dublin -- to the park, to the vets, to friends (cats too, actually!) as I don't have a car. Jaspar gets so excited when this box comes out as he knows he's going somewhere on the bike or in a taxi. Leo is less thrilled about getting in but Jaspar just pops right into the box! :lol: It is secured by three stretch cords; two double-hooked (to each side) then a safety third cord, just in case any of the others ever came loose. They are very securely fastened, in other words. They mostly just sit and watch the view and not a peep out of them. People have asked in the past for pictures of how I do this. Note my cat Ambrose sitting in the window and wondering why the dogs get all the fun...

7427094_4b4e25d3c4.jpg

Here they are having a look out and wondering why we aren't moving yet!

7427103_7045fae1f9.jpg

That's great Karlin. I've always had a picture in my head and I was pretty close.

Thanks

Awww how wonderful! I'm glad you showed us how you do it! They certainly appear to be enjoying themselves. :lol:

Yep will have a car then. Actually I'd have bought one next year probably if I'd been staying in Dublin. I rarely need one in the city though so have got by without one in the two decades I've lived here! ;)

Karlin, that is a stitch! I wonder if dogs would like being in those tent things they put kids in , on 2 wheels, or if they would stay in?

Nancy I've seen them advertised for dogs and you can get a converter kit that adapts them for dogs. I considered one but anything out in the street would be a liability around Irish drivers and Dublin's very heavy traffic. icon_yikes I also first tried baskets etc and was going to clip them in (indeed planning this all out was the kind of thing to keep me awake at night!). But then when I got this medium-sized crate from Argos (catalogue company) it was the perfect size. They are on a soft crate liner inside.

They look so cute waiting for Mom to finish pics and get going on that ride!!

Karlin,

What a cool idea!!! I've wondered how you transported them on your bike. I'll bet you hear lots of comments!! :lol:

Oh this post has made my day, what a hoot icon_banana I must admit I was wondering how you got about on the bike with the dogs. Now I know, that is so cool! :D

You will deffo need a icon_drivingcar in the USA though, a tip my son uses when he is over there wear your watch on the hand you need to remember. Left hand for left hand drive and right hand for over here!

Karlin - I love it! they look so adorable and how fun! Thanks for posting the picture :)

That's brilliant Karlin :D

What a great way to travel!!

Excellent way of keeping fit for you too icon_banana

Back