Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking at houses with cavalier yards/gardens!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default looking at houses with cavalier yards/gardens!!

I'm out in the US looking at some houses and you know what your life priorities are when a key item is whether the garden would be suitable to cavaliers and to cat-proofing so that the moggies would be safe outside. As a result I always look first at the yard when viewing a house...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Any good ones yet??
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like how I buy a car!! Running boards, leather??

Cathy
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some possibilities. My mother is doing some checking around on one in particular so we are waiting to see if anything comes of it. And yes it will be a car for transporting cavaliers next!! icon_drivingcar
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Karlin. The first thought was and is the dogs...yard, flooring etc. I found one acre nestled between 2 farms so the pups can play to their hearts content in the fence I am hoping to have up before I get there.....dreaming of days ahead and only 18 more to go before I hit the road.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the move...and Good luck in the house hunting....Ill pray for low points for ya.
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're trying to see if we can sort out an arrangement on a house that belonged to someone my mother volunteered with, who died several months ago. An old house in Palo Alto. It needs work but would be extraordinary to get, mainly for the location. The heir is interested in doing this (a direct exchange without realtors and hence saving the commission for the heir) but the executor has to be spoken to. A very long shot I think but it has become slightly less of a long shot in the past 4 hours. icon_crssedfingers We're hoping the ease of the exchange and the money saved as well as no need to prepare the house for the market might be persuasive to all. Of course I have only seen the outside of the house so far!! But is has a cute little back and front yard; they house is probably 80 years old or so.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh fingers and paws crossed for you Karlin - and good luck for your move Mary too.

we went through all this about 2 years ago, moved from Norfolk to the far NE of Scotland, about 600 miles! Bit of a nightmare at the time, as we were homeless for a while - not funny with three dogs! - but it was well worth it, and we are really happy in our new home.

And yes, the primary considerations were a large garden for the doglets - we have just under 1/2 acre - lots of good walks, ground floor accomodation which would work for the doglets...it's not as if they were the priority

Sending lots of positive thoughts for the house moves!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Not just me who does this then LOL We've moved twice in five years with hubby's job. Each time my prime considerations were for Maxx and the sort of garden etc we'd have for him

We've had the house ripped apart since moving in but I would only employ people who liked dogs and didn't mind Maxx sticking his nose in what they were doing - his fave trick was stealing plastic wall plugs from my electricians work box (who luckily, thought it was hilarious), he stole a set of keys from one of the kitchen fitters too - we know it was him because the first place I always look for missing items is Maxx's beds!

We've got laminate flooring right through the house now but paid an arm and a leg for it as we got this wonderful water resistant no slip stuff that looks like wood - well, I didn't want him to slip on it when playing or if he had an accident or have to banish him to another room if he got muddy

My friend says she doesn't know who's dafter, us or Maxx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Any news on the house yet Karlin?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org