Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwing up...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Throwing up...

My 5 1/2 month old Cav Paris has been throwing up all morning. She got dinner (1/2 cup Evo w/ spoonfull of canned) last night at about 9pm. She was fine last night. This morning I let her out to potty, then put her in her crate and was going to grab her piece of chicken for her breakfast, when I came back she had thrown up in her crate. It was her well-digested dinner. Of course I didn't give her any breakfast. I let her take a drink of water, and she threw that up too. Any ideas why she would be throwing her dinner up now rather then last night? I don't want to rush her to the vet unless it needs vet attention. She was only out to potty for 5 mins, and I didn't notice her eating anything out there. I know my boss has given her shepards Pepto-Bismo for upset tummies before. Should I do that? She only weighs 8 lbs.

Kali
    Kali and Paris in South Dakota

MaggieM Guest

Hi Kali.

Try giving her an ice cube to eat/suck on and see how that goes. Don't give her the pepto yet... let just see how she is in an hour or so... we'll be here, so post and let us know

Maggie

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to my boss after I posted that and she suggested an ice cube too. Paris licked it for while, but keeps throwing up clear. There is a little "foam" but its all clear..... She is NOT happy with me as she is currently in her crate with no blankets or toys.

Kali

Post Thanks / Like

Jake has gone through periods of throwing up. Once he gets his dinner up it's usually just clear stuff. I usually don't worry about him unless it goes more than 24 hours. But, it is important to keep her hydrated, ie ice-cubes. Let us know how it's going.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I'll just keep giving her an ice cube, even if she does throw it up. I feel sorry for the poor girl, shes been in her crate, so shes all yucky with barf. I called the vet and they said basically the same thing, keep an eye on her and if it gets worse to call them. I'll keep you updated

Kali

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this happen with Audrey. After about 2 hours she stopped throwing up. The vet told me not to feed her for 12 to 24 hours and then introduce small amounts. She was fine in 24 hours. The cause of Audrey's was a chunk of "greenie" in her system. Did Paris have any bones or other things she could have in her system even sometime yesterday before her dinner? If so keep your eye on her poop for evidence. I hope she recovers soon. Poor baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I went out and found her poop from this morning. it was normal. Yesterday she had her raw mix for breakfast (Natures Variety), then about noon I gave her what she hadn't finished the day before of a beef rib, not to eat, just to chew basically. Then around 9 she had dinner, I miss-typed earlier it was a 1/4th a cup (not a half) of Evo w/ a spoonfull of canned food. She did have a couple of treats but nothing new and I don't know if she chewed on her greenie at all. She has one on the floor she has been chewing on & off. Shes teething so shes not as eagar to eat them all at once. She does have a few other chews on the floor, but I don't remember her chewing on them. I checked the toys she has out for missing pieces too.

Kali

Kali

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about poor Paris - hope she's feeling better now.

With any digestive upset, I starve the doglets for 24 hours, then give baked potato {with the jackets} and 2 tablespoons of BIO {live} natural yoghurt. That seems to put them right quickly.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Paris, it's so worrying when they are little
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

MaggieM Guest

How's she doing now? She may have gotten a bit bigger of a piece of bone than she can handle. Or sometimes doggies just get upset tummies like humans.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok well I gave her a little bit of Evo about half an hour ago, just a little bit, less then 1/4 cup. She drank some water too, and it hasn't come back up yet. She is playfull, but I'm keeping her in her crate, cuz I don't want her to barf on my floor. Hopefully shes done, she will need a bath, but I'm waiting to make sure theres nothing more coming up!

Kali