Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwing up...

Post Thanks / Like

Well it started again. Its now 5pm, I called the vet and they of course don't have any time to see her tonite, and the emergency place is spendy, so I made an appointment for 9 am tomorrow and I'm going to take her in then. She just throwing up bile, its gross. I've gone thru almost a half a container of clorox wipes. Hopefully it stops. I feel sorry for the poor thing. Plus I can't sit in the same room as her because she just whines cuz she wants out of her crate. Shes been in there all day except to go potty.

Kali
    Kali and Paris in South Dakota

Post Thanks / Like

Hope she has a better night. Let us know how she is doing.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Paris! Sounds like an upset tummy having gone on so long. Maybe like the 24 hour flu- we send wags and kisses for a better day tomorrow.
    Audrey and Dee icon_flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Well its now 11:30 pm and heres the story. She kept throwing up so I made the vet appointment. My vet saw that Paris was down to come in due to vomiting. So she gave me a call. She asked how long she had been vomiting, I said 7 am, at this point it was 5pm. She said if it continued much longer to take her to the emergency vet clinic. Since she only weighs 8lbs they didnt want her to lose too much fluid. The vet clinic I go to is attached to the ER vet. So at 8pm with Paris still feeling icky and me tired of mopping up barfy spittles I took her to the vet. They checked everything over, nothing is wrong By the time we had gotten to the vet and sat there & such it was 9pm, and she hadn't thrown up. They gave her a little water, she was fine. SOOOO Kali just spent 60 bucks at the vet for them to tell me nothing is wrong, except she is throwing up. She wasn't dehydrated at all, nothing wrong when they feel her tummy, NOTHING. They just said to take water away for the rest of the night, then they gave me 2 cans of I/D (Yum yum!) to give to her as it is "bland" (I could easily make a mix of something suitable!) So I am to feed her a little I/D tomorrow and see how it goes.. hopefully it all goes down and stays there!!!! Paris is now home, fast asleep in her crate. Thanks for all the advice and support, hopefully we have no more barfing! She hasn't thrown up since 7:30 ish.... so I'm thinking we are in the clear... tummy virus I hope.

Kali

MaggieM Guest

Ugh... well at least it was only $60.. our ER clinic costs $100 to walk in the door and just talk to a clinic vet. A typical trip there for us costs $300!!

How is she feeling this morning?

Post Thanks / Like

So glad Paris is OK....they are just like our babies...they get sick...we worry...and usually things turn out just fine thank goodness.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry about the trip to the emergency vets - that's typical, they make a dramatic recovery as soon as you get there!

Hope Paris is feeling much better now, poor wee soul.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Or else they get sick Saturday at 1:00, once the vet's office is closed
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

She woke me up at 8am this morning and wanted her breakfast (she sat in front of the fridge and wouldn't move) So I gave her about 1/4th can of the I/D and she gobbled it all up, that was at 8 it is now 12. No barfing yet And she is running around playing. So shes fine today.

Kali

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow what a drama; I'm glad she's keeping things down. Jaspar went thru a phase of vomiting for a day after he ate something unknown off the sidewalk. The one thing about raw -- it CAN contain potentially risky organisms depending on how the meat has been handled, how frozen has been stored, etc and many vets do feel there is always a risk attached to feeding raw. Now I feed raw and will continue to do so but I have actually cut down on what I feed raw and the types of meat. Having read a recent piece on another list about the potential problems with frozen raw I don't think I would ever buy it. If I can find the email I might post it here -- have to catch a LOOOOONG flight back to Ireland from San Francisco this afternoon so may be a ltitle while.

Not trying to discourage anyone from food choices but do be aware that stomach upset could be the result of something semi-toxic in a raw diet.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com