• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Okay, how do I resize??!!

BarbMazz

I've opened a photobucket account and uploaded my pictures, and re-sized within photobucket.

When I try to include a picture here, they are showing up HUGE.

How do I re-size them for use on this board?!

:oops:

Barb, who is FRUSTRATED

What you do is click open 'edit' on the picture you have on Photobucket. Then you can choose reszoie 25%, 50% or 75%. If the picture is ginormous, try 25% and see how it looks. To see the actual size of the pic, click on the thumbnail shot itself when you are looking at the rows of pictures you have on Photobucket. That will let you see how big they are.

It is easier to resize using Paint on Windows, then upload the pics at the size you want already, to Photobucket. Paint is in Accessories in the Programs section of Windows. If you are storing your pictures in My Pictures on Windows, all you have to do is doubleclick on the image in My Pictures that you want to edit. This opens the viewfinder. Pick the 'edit' icon which is second from the right at the bottom (next to the question mark). This opens the image in Paint. Then choose Image from the bar across the top, and Stretch/Skew.

In Stretch/Skew, choose the percentage you want to reduce the pic by and put the SAME measurement in both the horizontal and vertical box in the Stretch section ONLY. EG 25% and 25%. Clcik OK and it will resize the pic. You should save it by choosing 'save as' and renaming the pic so you don't delete the full size version on your hard drive -- which is what you want to use for making prints for yourself for example. The reduced version isn't as high a resolution but is perfect for websites.

Then upload the newly named small version to Photobucket. It will upload MUCH faster as it is a smaller image, and it will be the sixe you want to post.

Thanks, Karlin

I think my problem is that all my pics are different sizes to start with...

I'll try your suggestion to size them first, then move them to photobucket.

:)

Barb

Barb....you have to have all of the pictures unresized to have them work properly in photobucket....If you have resized and save a picture it will not re-enlarge it...you must work with originals....You can delete from photobucket and reload then if needed...I usually use the 75% percent resizing mode....if that is still to big..then I reload and use the 50 %....it depends what your digital camera quality is set at...I have recently reduced the quality on mine to not have to reduce pictures so much . Hope that helps.

Back