Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our day out...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Our day out...

I thought I'd share with you some photos of a recent day out - the weather was just beautiful. Since then we've had gales, hail, rain and one morning we even woke up to snow

Our first stop was the Findhorn Valley - it's a good place to spot the extremely rare and elusive Golden Eagle, but we were not in luck that day. We did however see Peregrine, Raven and a Red Deer Stag who was really close to a house! We got quite close to him, but unfortunately misplaced the memory card from my camera with the photos of him on! It fell down the side of a cliff, hubby nearly went with it icon_yikes but was ok!

We drove up through the hills, and came across a dead mountain hare - rather sad, but the first I've ever seen, dead or alive.

A later stop was by the beautiful Loch Farr - a small loch, which you come upon by surprise as you round a bend in the road -

hubby photographing the loch!

Rupert waiting patiently in the car

and Princess Peaches

We then went to Glen Affric - on the way seeing a Red Squirrel crossing the road - they are quite rare now, it's the first we've seen in 2 years of living in Scotland.

The small birds there are obviously used to being fed - this little Chaffinch was trying to get into the car with me, to have some Hot Cross Bun!

The day was rounded off nicely with a sunset on the way home {Dornoch firth}

[/i]
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

gorgeous pictures!!!! I'd love to go to Scotland. Have you always lived there? Thanks for posting.
    rosalie

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki, Thanks for the Scotland hills and lochs fix! icon_thumbsup

They were just the ticket for me this morning!

Nice photography work, btw!

Barb
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks - we're both very keen on photography, I have a little Canon Powershot A 85, which I had for Christmas but am still learning to use

Hubby has a Canon EOS 20D - he took the Findhorn Valley photo.

Rosalie, we've been here almost 2 years. We were living in Norfolk previously, and prior to that in the South East.

We moved here for the peace and quiet, wildlife, scenery and the people - it's a wonderful area to live, and we know how lucky we are!

This is our cottage - it needs a lot of work, but will be wonderful when it's finished!!

Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

There is something about the light in Scotland, and your photos have caught it!

Your cottage looks wonderful.. what kind of work are you doing on it?

Barb
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~

Post Thanks / Like

What beautiful pictures. You just want to sit and look at them for a few minutes and draw a deep breath.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh those are just gorgeous -- all the scenery, with or without dogs! Those bare hills are similar to the west of Ireland, yet somehow Scotland and Ireland are always different in feel, too.

I always think of vanishing to a cottage... what a beautiful home; I bet there are both frustrations and joys for you in renovating an oldie! I loved finding things like salvaged iron fireplaces to put back into my Dublin house (built around 1899); also the workmanship on the plank floors, still tightly fitting after 100 years.

Please more pics when you have days out like this! icon_drivingcar
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your piece of the world. I love your cottage!!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our day out -Scotland

Nicki, I really enjoyed the photos of N.E. Scotland. I just adore your little cottage. Looks like something artist, Thomas Kincaid, would use in one of his paintings.

What is the difference between a firth and a loch?

Count me among those wanting to see more photos. icon_banana

Dorothy
    Washington

Post Thanks / Like

What beautiful pictures! So peaceful. I love the bird and of course Rupert and Princess Peaches.
    Mom to Candle and Ally