Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our day out...

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki what beautiful photo's. I would love to visit Scotland one day.

Where abouts in the South East did you live?. Thats where I grew up, but for the last 19 years have lived in the South West in Cornwall where the scenery is equally as beautiful as Scotland. Aren't we lucky to be surrounded with such beauty?
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry for not replying sooner - been a bit distracted!

Glad you like the cottage too - I will dig out some more photos, and we have another outing planned for the end of next week - weather permitting!

Dorothy, a Firth is a long, narrow inlet of the sea and a Loch is a lake {or an arm of the sea similar to a fjord - just to confuse the issue!}

Julie, lucky you living in Cornwall - we had our honeymoon near Bodmin Moor, and just love that area - have had quite a few holidays in Devon and Cornwall over the years. Where are you from?

I was born in Middlesex - lived in Ickenham and Denham, but mainly brought up in Buckinghamshire - various small villages all around High Wycombe. Also lived in Herts - Hemel Hempstead, Beds - a small village near Leighton Buzzard, and back in Middlesex for a few years - Uxbridge/Hillingdon areas.

So pleased we moved up here though - we've put down roots here, and feel really settled.

Perhaps everyone would like to post photos of where they live? It would be lovely to see where you all are!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Nicki you have moved around a lot.

I'm an Essex girl without the blonde hair and stiletto shoes!

I lived in Benfleet near Southend and after many nice holidays in Cornwall decided to move here. I live in Newquay famous for it's surfing. With miles and miles of glorious beaches we have plenty of nice places to walk Chloe.
    Julie M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh you're lucky to be in Cornwall - lots of gorgeous beaches. I've been through Newquay, but not spent much time there.

We have family in Essex -sister and family at Hutton just outside Brentwod, SIL at Brentwood, MIL at Rayleigh - plus BIL and all his clan!!

Small world, isn't it?

We go down to Essex every year to visit...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a small world isn't it?
    I know all those places very well. I still have a brother who lives in Hadleigh and a good friend in Daws Heath Thundersley.
    We will be in Essex at the end of next month to visit some friends of ours who will be over from Arizona and will be based in Ipswich. I like going back for visits but love it when I'm back in Cornwall.
    Julie M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh it will be lovely to see your friends from Arizona - I guess they don't visit that often!

We're going down in October I think - we look after our friends' two Cavaliers when they go away - either they bring them up to us {yes they drive 630 miles to leave the dogs with us, fly back, go on holiday, fly up again, spend some time with us and then drive home...more devoted Cavalier owners!!} or we go to them. They actually bought our bungalow in Sea Palling, Norfolk from us, so we go back "home" to visit!

We will probably be in Essex for a week, then Norfolk for 2 weeks.

It does make you appreciate your own home - and the scenery! - though when you get back...

Post Thanks / Like

I quess you have to be a cavvie lover to understand why you would travel the country just to know your babies are being well cared for in your absence. icon_drivingcar

I have always been lucky that my parents have Chloe for us if we can't take her with us. They love her as much as we do so you know she is being totally spoilt and well looked after.
    Julie M

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki...besides Rory's Moms pictures...these are the most beautiful pics I have seen in a while....How blessed for you to have such wonderful places to get away too. And your babies are really and I mean really beautiful Cavaliers !....I must have missed this post for awhile.....