Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fifth cavalier in two months...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...don't even get us started on this issue!! I paid $1500 for each of mine and have learned not to tell people what they cost because they look at me like I'm nuts. But then again...I wouldn't pay $50k for a car and lots of people do.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how many of you have had total strangers ask you how much you paid for your dog? I have had more than I can count! That is a rude question--especially when they ask in front of people who are with me who I might not have shared that bit of info with. LOL My father would think I had lost my mind if he knew how much we paid for our dog so we kind of have a don't ask, don't tell policy at my house about the dog. How do you answer well meaning strangers who make comments like, " Oh, she is a Cavalier. How much did you have to pay for her?" I usually just smile and say, " More than I should have; " but one lady actually followed up by saying, " Was it more than a thousand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Another reply would be,I paid far less than they are worth to me.Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

Oh people always ask. And in a very leading way - like "How much was he? $500? $1000?" and often won't stop until they get an answer. But why should I hide it? He's well worth it to me! I can't think of ANYTHING I'd rather spend my money on.

People spend way more on much less important things. I am not at all embarassed to have spent as much as I did on Rory.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Here, here Rory's mom - I don't think it has anything to do with anyone else what I choose to spend my money on.

One of my kids told my Mum that I wanted another Cavalier and she replied "More money on a dog? they are far more expensive than I could ever afford" To which my son replied "My Mum doesn't smoke, drink or buy expensive stuff for herself so why shouldn't she have another Cavalier if she wants?"

Apparently, her mouth fell open and she was quiet for the next hour or so