Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another outing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm that could be difficult, I have about 300 just of Rupert - but one of me??

I think the latest one is about a year ago, I will have to find it on the desktop and upload it to Photobucket...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki You photos absolutely take my Breath Away...You certainly are quite talented in photography...maybe its your calling ! I am going to see if I can save these for background pics on my computers....THANK YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Very lovely!! I especially love the dogs and the falls. What kind of camera do you use?
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh goodness, I won't fit through the door in minute!!

Really I am still learning - hubby has been a very keen photographer for many years, and I'm hoping a little of his knowledge and experience are finally rubbing off!!

The doglets are wonderful subjects - they're so used to the camera, that they pose whenever they see one!!

I have a little Canon Powershot A 85, which I had for Christmas but am still trying to find out what all the buttons do! Until recently I always did everything using the preset modes, but have been experimenting and am very pleased with the results.

Hubby has a Canon EOS 20D - he's hoping to upgrade to the EOS 1D Mk2 - if I let him raid our savings!!

We are both big "Canon" fans, my camera was not particularly expensive, and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the images I am getting from it. It really is worth spending a little more on a decent digital camera.

Glad you're all enjoying the photos - I'd love to see some of where you all live too - hint hint!

We're off to LochCarron on the West coast on 7th May, will be visiting Skye and the Applecross Peninsula, so lots of photo opportunities...if you're interested I will post some photos when we get back....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BarbMazz
    Thank you, Nicki, for another Scotland fix! icon_heartthrob

Have you been to Eilean Dolan castle? It's way on the other side of Scotland, but it is such a magical setting! Maybe this will sound awful, but I've told my children I'd like my ashes placed at the castle after I'm gone!

Dh and I also loved Kyle of Lochalsh.. very picturesque small village.

While in the highlands, we stayed at Old Pier House, near Fort Augustus on the Caledonian Canal. You could get some wonderful photos of the locks in Fort Augustus! The woman who owns/runs the B & B had visited all but about four countries in the world! She was very interesting, and had wonderful pictures of her travels all over the house.. several of her on camels traveling through I believe the Sahara desert!

Here's Old Pier House photos http://www.4tourism.com/uk/hotels/oldpierh.html

Please keep up your outings and your picture-taking!

Barb
    Thanks Barb - we are hoping to see Eilean Dolan castle whilst we stop at LochCarron - it looks stunning from the photographs I've found on the Internet!! What a wonderful place to have your ashes scattered - I think that's a lovely idea, and it's better to make your wishes known.

Old Pier House looks stunning from the website - what a wonderful place to stay! We didn't come across that one when we were looking - I see they have self catering accomodation {easier with the doglets!}

The owner sounds fascinating - it must be something to see all those photos!

This is where we are staying - the view looks stunning!

http://www.doneve.co.uk/tarlogie.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Here's to your outing! Looks and sounds lovely, and I hope you are able to stop at the castle.

Old Pier House was very comfortable, and the breakfasts were good... I even tried the haggis (sp?) and liked it!

The breakfast room has windows all around, and the view was of Loch Ness and the owner's horses grazing. Very lovely.

On the property there are also Highland cattle, which are so cute! They were very curious and friendly and came right up to us for a nose scratch. There were a couple of calves as well who were extra cute!

I remember seeing the self-catering cabins, and they looked very nice, and were quite new. I think you can also rent horses there.

Barb
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~