• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another outing...

Nicki

OK I threatened more photos when we went out again, so here goes!

Friday late afternoon we went to Glen Affric - it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen...

IMG_0110.jpg

And yes that is snow on the mountain :D

GlenAffric220405-53-50951.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Waiting for Daddy Dog to take yet another photo icon_whistling

IMG_0118.jpg

This is one of hubby's photos from an outing earlier in the week - I love this, he has just bought a Neutral Density filter which allows you to slow down the speed, so you get the movement in the water.

_MG_9926.jpg

Nicki, your photographs are beautiful. You are such a talented photographer. I now want to go to Scotland.

Bonnie

Absolutely fabulous photos. They made me take a deep breath and relax my shoulders.

The pups are adorable.

Bless you Bonnie - I'm still learning, but lucky to have such beautiful places to practice on!! Looking forward to seeing you when you come over then!!

{Hubby's just said that's a very appropriate name for a visitor to Scotland!!}

Glad you're relaxing Cathy :D

Nicki your photo's are simply breath taking!

The last one where it's captured the movement of the water would look great in my new conservatory. :D

Julie, if you're interested, I can send you a print?

It's probably easier to send you just the print, and you get your own frame and/or mount to match your conservatory.

If I print it on A4 paper, it is sized to fit a standard frame with an aperture of 8" by 10". It would be £4 including P&P.

Let me know if you would like one!

Thank you, Nicki, for another Scotland fix! icon_heartthrob

Have you been to Eilean Dolan castle? It's way on the other side of Scotland, but it is such a magical setting! Maybe this will sound awful, but I've told my children I'd like my ashes placed at the castle after I'm gone! :oops:

Dh and I also loved Kyle of Lochalsh.. very picturesque small village.

While in the highlands, we stayed at Old Pier House, near Fort Augustus on the Caledonian Canal. You could get some wonderful photos of the locks in Fort Augustus! The woman who owns/runs the B & B had visited all but about four countries in the world! She was very interesting, and had wonderful pictures of her travels all over the house.. several of her on camels traveling through I believe the Sahara desert!

Here's Old Pier House photos http://www.4tourism.com/uk/hotels/oldpierh.html

Please keep up your outings and your picture-taking!

Barb

Nicki I would really love the print. Thanks so much for the offer.
I have PM you with my address.

Thank you.

Julie.

Nicki all these wonderful photo's you keep sending us how about posting one of yourself in the cavaliers and their ownersfolder. It would be nice to put a face to your name.

Hmmm that could be difficult, I have about 300 just of Rupert - but one of me??

I think the latest one is about a year ago, I will have to find it on the desktop and upload it to Photobucket...

Nicki You photos absolutely take my Breath Away...You certainly are quite talented in photography...maybe its your calling ! ;) I am going to see if I can save these for background pics on my computers....THANK YOU

Oh goodness, I won't fit through the door in minute!!

Really I am still learning - hubby has been a very keen photographer for many years, and I'm hoping a little of his knowledge and experience are finally rubbing off!!

The doglets are wonderful subjects - they're so used to the camera, that they pose whenever they see one!!

I have a little Canon Powershot A 85, which I had for Christmas but am still trying to find out what all the buttons do! Until recently I always did everything using the preset modes, but have been experimenting and am very pleased with the results.

Hubby has a Canon EOS 20D - he's hoping to upgrade to the EOS 1D Mk2 - if I let him raid our savings!!

We are both big "Canon" fans, my camera was not particularly expensive, and I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the images I am getting from it. It really is worth spending a little more on a decent digital camera.

Glad you're all enjoying the photos - I'd love to see some of where you all live too - hint hint!

We're off to LochCarron on the West coast on 7th May, will be visiting Skye and the Applecross Peninsula, so lots of photo opportunities...if you're interested I will post some photos when we get back....

BarbMazz said:
Thank you, Nicki, for another Scotland fix! icon_heartthrob

Have you been to Eilean Dolan castle? It's way on the other side of Scotland, but it is such a magical setting! Maybe this will sound awful, but I've told my children I'd like my ashes placed at the castle after I'm gone! :oops:

Dh and I also loved Kyle of Lochalsh.. very picturesque small village.

While in the highlands, we stayed at Old Pier House, near Fort Augustus on the Caledonian Canal. You could get some wonderful photos of the locks in Fort Augustus! The woman who owns/runs the B & B had visited all but about four countries in the world! She was very interesting, and had wonderful pictures of her travels all over the house.. several of her on camels traveling through I believe the Sahara desert!

Here's Old Pier House photos http://www.4tourism.com/uk/hotels/oldpierh.html

Please keep up your outings and your picture-taking!

Barb

Thanks Barb - we are hoping to see Eilean Dolan castle whilst we stop at LochCarron - it looks stunning from the photographs I've found on the Internet!! What a wonderful place to have your ashes scattered - I think that's a lovely idea, and it's better to make your wishes known.

Old Pier House looks stunning from the website - what a wonderful place to stay! We didn't come across that one when we were looking - I see they have self catering accomodation {easier with the doglets!}

The owner sounds fascinating - it must be something to see all those photos!

This is where we are staying - the view looks stunning!

http://www.doneve.co.uk/tarlogie.htm

Here's to your outing! Looks and sounds lovely, and I hope you are able to stop at the castle.

Old Pier House was very comfortable, and the breakfasts were good... I even tried the haggis (sp?) and liked it! :shock:

The breakfast room has windows all around, and the view was of Loch Ness and the owner's horses grazing. Very lovely.

On the property there are also Highland cattle, which are so cute! They were very curious and friendly and came right up to us for a nose scratch. There were a couple of calves as well who were extra cute!

I remember seeing the self-catering cabins, and they looked very nice, and were quite new. I think you can also rent horses there.

Barb

Back