• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Walkies today...

Nicki

This was Rupert's walkies today...

A lovely little track which goes down through some woodland

IMG_0137.jpg

Himself refusing to come any nearer for a decent photo!

IMG_0138.jpg

Hmmmm bees mean honey, and I LIKE honey :lol:

IMG_0139.jpg

Smelling the "flowers" - maybe I can make my own honey?

IMG_0142.jpg

Isn't it great that there are safe places where they can be off the lead.

I will have to take my camera with me where I walk Chloe. It all looks so beautiful right now with the trees budding out and the blossom in full bloom. :D

We have to be careful around here, especially with all the lambs at the moment - by law, farmers are allowed to shoot any dog running loose in a field of livestock - or prosecute the owner, there was a case of the owner of a Chihuahua being prosecuted for worrying sheep {not locally} icon_yikes

However dogs are rarely shot, most of the farmers are reasonable and will usually just ask you to put the dog on a lead, and keep it under control.

Dogs do cause a lot of stress to sheep - sometimes they miscarry, and I have known of quite a few come in off the hills with nasty injuries to their legs where dogs have chased and bitten them.

This track is safe though - well away from the sheep! - also Rupert doesn't go very far from me now.

Looking forward to photos of Chloe's walk then Julie - I love the blossom!

Beautiful scenery. I've never had mine around sheep so not sure how they would react;hwoever they are not chasers even of squirrels or birds (only of balls! 8) ). I take them out to the Phoenix Park where there are large herds of deer and they are pretty indifferent to them, even the other day when the herd was only about 35 feet away. They seem to find horses far more interesting, probably because they usually come with people on or around them!

10850836_c6fe2df4cc_m.jpg

This is Chloe's favourite walk. We have quite a few footpaths near us but this is the one she loves most of all. She stubbornly sits with objection if I choose to go another route.

Wonderful pictures ....I really would love to have such a place to walk my dogs...This is something I really enjoy more then anything else, way more then fancy homes and making money ! :lol: ...Is walking my dgos in beautiful scenery off lead !!! We have a place called oak ridge prairie where there is several hiking trails...not suppose to let dogs off lead , but when it is a slow day...I will do it and they just love it...interestly they don't run far from me...Chloe comes checking in with me every 20 feet just to make sure I am in her vew and reach! so cute....Thanks for sharing

Oh that's lovely Julie - I don't blame Chloe for wanting to go that way!!

Aren't they funny, Rupert has certain walks that he loves, and some days insists on only going that way!! :lol:

Laurie, it sounds like your Chloe is a very good girl, keeping an eye on her Momma! I think as long as they are under control, and will come back when called, it shouldn't be a problem if they are off lead. The hiking trails sound wonderful - any pictures?? I can't be the only person permanently attached to a camera icon_whistling

Back