• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi

Ruth

Thankyou for the chance to join and a big hello to everyone (quite a few I recognize) from all the gang in North Yorkshire.
I have had Cavaliers since 1969 but gave up on the chance to breed when I realized I would keep all the puppies :lol:
I dabbled in showing, but preferred to watch than participate!
My fascination is for pedigrees and written memorabilia of Cavaliers. I have been collecting photographs, critiques, articles, Breed Record Supplements etc. for years and have had to give a bedroom over to it all for storage!! My pedigree database is running at 40,000+ dogs at present, and to think I started it all back in the 70's with a card index :lol:
My family consist of hubby, five elderly Cavaliers all between 11yrs and 14yrs ( a couple who are rescues) a rescued Papillon and a Rottweiler who thinks he is a Cavalier and can't figure out why he doesn't fit on my knee.
I look forward to joining in the chat.
Best wishes to you all,
Ruth

Hi Ruth and thanks for joinging us!

icon_welcome

I have been collecting photographs, critiques, articles, Breed Record Supplements etc. for years and have had to give a bedroom over to it all for storage!! My pedigree database is running at 40,000+ dogs at present, and to think I started it all back in the 70's with a card index

Wow, what a great collection that must be. Sounds like your house is a good place for all of us to take our holidays... 8) :lol:

Hi Ruth lovely to see you here.

I think most of us would jump at the chance of a week's holiday in your spare bedroom!! All that Cavalier memorabilia icon_banana

Hope all the doglets are keeping well - we'd love to see some photos if you have time.

Rupert and Princess Peaches send hugs to kisses to you all

Hi Karlin and Nicki, lovely to be here. I will try and get some photos up if I can wake the gang up long enough!

How are Rupert and Peaches doing these days Nicki ?

Ruth

Ahhh it would be great to see everybody - maybe wave some food about, that soon wakes mine up!! Hope all are as well as possible - I think you said Teddy was doing better?

Thanks for asking about the doglets:

Peaches is recovering well from her luxating patella surgery, Ruth - bouncing again! She is SO much happier, I'm really please we went through the op. We go back in Sept for a 6 month check, and may make a decision then about the other leg - this right one was the worst, and actually far worse than we expected.

The bad news is that her murmur is getting worse - worse than a 2 now, and the vet would expect her to show clinical signs between 8 and 10 years old {she is 6 1/2} and would probably need medication then :( We are just enjoying everyday with her, and will keep her weight right down, and as fit as possible.

Rupert is seizure-free most days icon_banana we are controlling him with an homoeopathic remedy made from his steroid {i only discovered recently that this could be done, if insufficient on its own, the remedy can be given alongside steroid treatment, and will help to prevent the side effects}

He is reasonably pain free - seems happy and enjoying life, the biggest problem is his walking now, he's only managing about 1/2 to 3/4 mile daily. We have borrowed a cart for him and hope to get it set up and try it out.

But he can still run a bit when he wants too, and potters about the garden quite happily - he just can't keep going for too long.

Hi Ruth, icon_welcome to the board.

Look forward to getting to know you and your doglets. :D

Back