Thread: Poisoned cavalier

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Poisoned cavalier

My mother was telling me about this -- so sad!! All over the news in the San Francisco bay area. Really scary that something like this could happen; who would poison a *cavalier*? icon_crying

Poisoned-dog reward grows
    $2,700 IS RAISED TO FIND THE KILLER AND AUTHOR OF NOTES THREATENING PETS
    By Linda Goldston
    Mercury News

The reward fund to help find the person who has threatened pet owners and poisoned a Cavalier King Charles spaniel on Iris Court in San Jose has nearly tripled.

Police were still following up on leads Thursday, and Holly Kollenborn, owner of the 4-year-old spaniel, said she has been overwhelmed by the offers of help to find the person who killed Jackson two weeks ago.

``So far, the fund has increased to $2,700,'' she said. ``I have been inundated with phone calls and e-mails regarding support for Jackson.''

Someone's cat was poisoned on Iris Court in the Willow Glen neighborhood about seven years ago. And then over the last three years, several other pet owners received notes threatening harm to their animals if their dogs barked or their cats went into the anonymous note writer's yard.

On April 15, someone placed canned food laced with antifreeze in Kollenborn's back yard. Jackson ate some of it and had to be put to sleep two days later, after an extensive -- and expensive -- attempt to save his life.

Kollenborn offered a $1,000 reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person who poisoned Jackson. After the Mercury News published a story about Jackson's death on Tuesday, people throughout Silicon Valley called wanting to help.

``I have a little bichon frisé who's 17,'' said a Cupertino resident who contributed to the reward fund. He asked that only his first name, Blake, be used, to protect his own pet. ``If somebody did something like that to my dog -- oh! Things wouldn't be pretty. She's my little baby.''

San Jose police Sgt. Nick Muyo said police continue to talk to neighbors on Iris Court. They worry about the threat to children.

``The incident itself is tragic,'' he said. ``But take it one step further, what if a toddler had come by and thought that meat was baby food?''
    This from the Channel 5 website:

The reward for information leading to the killer of Jackson, a dog poisoned earlier this month in San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, is growing as residents rally around the memory of the precious pup.

The 4-year-old Cavalier King Charles spaniel was found poisoned by owner Holly Kollenborn after someone placed meat laced with anti-freeze outside of her Iris Court residence. Police are investigating the incident and Kollenborn initially offered a $1,000 reward for information leading to the killer's arrest.

The reward has grown to $2,700 after a number of donors came forward in response to the media attention the case has received. Donors are continuing to come forward and Kollenborn said today she expects the reward to rise further.

"Several people have called in and wanted to donate and I haven't been able to get back to them yet,'' Kollenborn said.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that sad? Who on god's green earth would poison an innocent animal? Just infuriates me!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

makes me sick... i really feel bad for this person who is so miserable and messed up that they think it's ok to kill animals. they must have a very sad life...
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Is Iris Court a street?

This is just awful. Even the threatening notes are uncalled for. I just can't imagine the cruelty of some people.
    Mary Pat
    A wagging tail erases stress

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't print the words I feel over this!
    Julie M

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes it's a street in San Jose. I know it is just impossible to imagine someone doing this. icon_crying
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying

I just can't believe this, why are people so cruel and horrid?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I feel for 'people' like this is that they should be ashamed to call themselves human