• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poisoned cavalier

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
My mother was telling me about this -- so sad!! All over the news in the San Francisco bay area. Really scary that something like this could happen; who would poison a *cavalier*? icon_crying

Poisoned-dog reward grows
$2,700 IS RAISED TO FIND THE KILLER AND AUTHOR OF NOTES THREATENING PETS
By Linda Goldston
Mercury News

The reward fund to help find the person who has threatened pet owners and poisoned a Cavalier King Charles spaniel on Iris Court in San Jose has nearly tripled.

Police were still following up on leads Thursday, and Holly Kollenborn, owner of the 4-year-old spaniel, said she has been overwhelmed by the offers of help to find the person who killed Jackson two weeks ago.

``So far, the fund has increased to $2,700,'' she said. ``I have been inundated with phone calls and e-mails regarding support for Jackson.''

Someone's cat was poisoned on Iris Court in the Willow Glen neighborhood about seven years ago. And then over the last three years, several other pet owners received notes threatening harm to their animals if their dogs barked or their cats went into the anonymous note writer's yard.

On April 15, someone placed canned food laced with antifreeze in Kollenborn's back yard. Jackson ate some of it and had to be put to sleep two days later, after an extensive -- and expensive -- attempt to save his life.

Kollenborn offered a $1,000 reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person who poisoned Jackson. After the Mercury News published a story about Jackson's death on Tuesday, people throughout Silicon Valley called wanting to help.

``I have a little bichon frisé who's 17,'' said a Cupertino resident who contributed to the reward fund. He asked that only his first name, Blake, be used, to protect his own pet. ``If somebody did something like that to my dog -- oh! Things wouldn't be pretty. She's my little baby.''

San Jose police Sgt. Nick Muyo said police continue to talk to neighbors on Iris Court. They worry about the threat to children.

``The incident itself is tragic,'' he said. ``But take it one step further, what if a toddler had come by and thought that meat was baby food?''

This from the Channel 5 website:

The reward for information leading to the killer of Jackson, a dog poisoned earlier this month in San Jose's Willow Glen neighborhood, is growing as residents rally around the memory of the precious pup.

The 4-year-old Cavalier King Charles spaniel was found poisoned by owner Holly Kollenborn after someone placed meat laced with anti-freeze outside of her Iris Court residence. Police are investigating the incident and Kollenborn initially offered a $1,000 reward for information leading to the killer's arrest.

The reward has grown to $2,700 after a number of donors came forward in response to the media attention the case has received. Donors are continuing to come forward and Kollenborn said today she expects the reward to rise further.

"Several people have called in and wanted to donate and I haven't been able to get back to them yet,'' Kollenborn said.

Isn't that sad? Who on god's green earth would poison an innocent animal? Just infuriates me!

makes me sick... i really feel bad for this person who is so miserable and messed up that they think it's ok to kill animals. :( they must have a very sad life...

Is Iris Court a street?

This is just awful. Even the threatening notes are uncalled for. I just can't imagine the cruelty of some people.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I couldn't print the words I feel over this!

Yes it's a street in San Jose. I know it is just impossible to imagine someone doing this. icon_crying

icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying icon_crying

I just can't believe this, why are people so cruel and horrid? :shock: :x

The only thing I feel for 'people' like this is that they should be ashamed to call themselves human :x

Back