• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Presenting Teddy Edward...

Nicki

After a long search and much research, we have a new addition to the family, a Ruby boy!

He's 19 months old, a retired show dog who was looking for a "forever" pet home. He's called Teddy Edward. {Edward is a family name from Trevor's side of the family}.

Teddy's breeder is wonderful, well aware of the health problems sadly affecting our Cavaliers, especially Syringomyelia. She is training to be a judge, and is very keen on conformation and movement - and it shows. If a dog is "built" properly, they are much less likely to have certain problems.

Teddy's movement is very elegant and it's beautiful to watch. He has the most wonderful temperament, very loving and affectionate. He's full of life and energy. He's already Daddy's boy - which is what we wanted, as one of the reasons for looking for a young, healthy dog was so that he could accompany Trevor on his walks.

Rupert and Peaches are both delighted with their new companion, and already the three of them cuddle up together.

Teddy_O0V0066.jpg

Teddy_O0V0094.jpg

I'm sorry I kept it secret - we only rec'd a photo by e-mail Weds evening, and then arranged to go down Saturday.

I wanted to see him and make sure he wasn't showing any Syringomyelia symptoms before I made a definite decision {couldn't bear that heartbreak again :(} - so I didn't want to tell anyone until I was sure!

I didn't even tell my best friend, she was rather surprised when I 'phoned on Sunday {although she knew we'd been thinking about another "baby" since we lost Fillipa 2 years ago}

Jen, the blaze shows up more on the photos than real life!!

Glad you like him - we're besotted already icon_banana

Teddy's character is really coming out tonight, he's getting the toys out of the toy box and wants to play - so cute icon_heartthrob

More photos soon!

Congratulations Nicki and Trevor and welcome to Teddy Edward! :D :D He is just gorgeous and looks full of beans too. Glad to hear Rupert and Princess Peaches get on with him so well too. 8)

Would love to see more pictures when you can Nicki, have not quite got the hang of posting pics on here yet. However, I have lots to post just not enough time to do it with the wedding of my inherited daughter on Friday. Give me a few days and I will be back with you all!

The girls and I send our love and congratulations on your new arrival and wish you all happy days ahead.

Congratulations!

What a beauty, and no surprise that the photos are so wonderful either!

Very glad to hear everyone is getting along well.

Are you taking all three with you on your next outing? If so, I'll look forward to seeing the photos with Teddy Edward included!

Barb

How exciting for you Nicki! I was so thrilled to read your post as it came as a total surprise. He just beautiful.

Congratulations Nicki! He is absolutely beautiful. You will love this ruby boy. My ruby is such a hug a bug. Have fun.

What a lovely suprise Nicki to hear about your new addition. Teddy is gorgeous, I'm sooo envious I want one.

I'm glad to hear Peaches and Rupert are getting along fine with their new brother. What a lovely family you have and nice for Trevor to have a walking companion.

More pictures please.

My word he is absolutely beautiful -- that coat!! icon_heartthrob I didn't even notice you'd already posted him down here in the gallery. Sounds like he has a great personality too, to be fitting in so well so quickly. Oh you make me want to go for three... :lol: I'm still on the hunt for a young adult for my parents and I've told them I'll have to keep him for a while to be sure he's housetrained... :lol:

Nicki he is just exquisite !
Here's to many, many healthy happy carefree years.
Best wishes,
Ruth and the gang

Thank you all so much - we are totally besotted with TeddyEdward already, he's a wonderful character, very gentle and loving. He's very easygoing, which I think has helped with fitting in with the family.

No fear Barb, he will be with us on the next outing - and hopefully many more over the future years :D

Karlin - "I'm still on the hunt for a young adult for my parents and I've told them I'll have to keep him for a while to be sure he's housetrained... " - yes and what chance would the parents have of ever getting "their" dog back!?!! LOL

I guess you're looking for one in the States?

Teddy's character is really coming out, he loves his toys and wants to play, tonight he's decided he wants to chew a Nylabone, and is carrying that about everywhere!

Photos to follow!!

He is STUNNING !!!

I keep telling my husband ~ I want one in every color...now he's afraid, very afraid. :lol: Congrats on your new edition.

Maxwell&me said:
I keep telling my husband ~ I want one in every color...now he's afraid, very afraid. :lol: Congrats on your new edition.

You think you're husband is afriad - we're 3/4 of the way there already!!!

TeddyEdward sends you all love and kisses, and says thank you for saying he's so handsome - he thinks so too :lol:

I promised some more photos:

First cuddle with his new Daddy

DaddyTed.jpg

Snuggling with big bruvver

RupTed.jpg

Every time I see him I just fall in love with him all over again. Definitely want a ruby as my next one!

What a handsome boy!!! I saw a ruby at the grooming salon I work for the other day and I just wanted to run off with her! She was the first ruby I have actually seen in real-life... even at our dog show last fall they had all colors but a ruby! Now I definetly want one in every color!!! First a tri boy to go w/ Paris.. then a ruby girl, then a black and tan boy... then I can start all over again!!! Too bad both my wallet and my mom say no :(

Kali

Kali - maybe in the future - paws crossed for you!! At least you got to meet the Ruby - how wondeful to work in a grooming salon, it must be lovely to be able to meet and cuddle lots of different doglets.

There's something about the way the light shines on the coat of a Ruby - reminds me of conkers {from the horse chestnut tree} that we used to play with as children.

Ruth, I hadn't realised your Teddy was a TeddyEdward too - my TE is very proud to be named after such a wonderful and handsome chap :D I guess it's a name that really suits them - they're just so cuddly.

Oh Nicki I so want one. You lucky thing.
Maybe with all your lovely photo's we could all share him. :D

I'm so glad that we can share photos like this - I know it's often said, but technology really is wonderful.

I'm pleased that you will all be able to share TeddyEdward - and Rupert and Peaches too of course - with us.

We're off to the West Coast tomorrow, so won't be around for a week - hope everyone keeps well, and we look forward to "seeing" you all - and sharing lots of photos hopefully too - when we get back.

Nicki said:
We're off to the West Coast tomorrow, so won't be around for a week - hope everyone keeps well, and we look forward to "seeing" you all - and sharing lots of photos hopefully too - when we get back.

Haha!! Read this and immediately wondered where in California you were going!! Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Back