• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cats and lily pollen - beware!

Nikki,
I just read this and am shocked!
I love lillies and often have them in the house.
I also have a curious cat in the house but thankfully I've never had any problems with them.
She did have the flu and still sneezes a bit two months later, mabye its the lillies!!!!!

Thanks for this. You can trim the stamens (which hold the pollen) from lilies -- I often do this anyway as it then stops the yellow staining that can happen from the pollen.

weird. I've never heard of this before. Cairo, one of my cats, always walks around with a yellow/orange nose whenever I have lilies from sniffing and getting the pollen all over. Last time i had lillies, I pulled the pollen off w/ a kleenex so avoid this, but didn't know it was dangerous in the first place!!!

Back