• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Size and markings

Max's Mom

Hey does anyone out there have any big Cav furbabies?! My guy is about 9 months old and weighs 20 pounds! Mind you we aren't showing or breeding so conformation isn't crucial but I am so suprised at how much bigger he is than my sister's Cav! He doesn't feel chunky and he's quite tall too.

Also, wondering if any of you have a tri Cav that has patchy brown markings around his nose as Max does. I would love to look at some pictures of another Cav like this. Again, I'll try to post pictures soon...as soon as I can figure out how!! :?

Thanks!

My Shelby at 18 months is 20 lbs (she does need to lose 1 - 2 lbs) and Jake at almost 3 is 24 lbs. Jake stands head and shoulders above any other cavalier we've seen. He's really really tall and long.

They are beautiful!!!! Max's stature is very similar to their's. He is still a little skinny around the legs as his adult coat isn't in yet but he is very tall and stout compared to the other Cavs I know. However, that doesn't stop him from thinking he is still a lap dog :roll: ! But I wouldn't want it any other way! I'll try to get pictures up soon. Max just looks so different in the face than most Cav's. Definitely resembles a Charlie but I don't think his nose is nearly as short as most Charlie's! It may just be that he isn't a conformation dog. After all we are all different as people!

My Teddy has always been on the thin side throughout his puppyhood and very leggy. Now at age two he still weighs in at 15 pounds. WHen I look at him, I think he is big but I guess not now that I've read these posts.

Nancy
NJ

Louie, this rescue cavalier, was also oversize -- probably close to 28 lbs or so, with a longer nose. In this case probably a puppy farm cavalier. He'd been handed in to the pound before Christmas and rescue got him out but his first new home was not suitable (parents really got the dog for 'the child' who of course could not really manage a dog on her own; parents didn;t want to put in the time and also as he'd not had any training, he was kind of all over the place -- a big happy boy with no self control!! :) ). Thanks to TKC on the board he did find a happy home eventually. icon_banana

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=162

I know one tri cavalier boy here and he is aboat 17 kg (kilo) I don't know how muts it is in lsb or pounds :oops:

but here are one pic of the boy ;)

m0052318.jpg

I don't know whether to admit this or not but my fat boy is 14kg :oops:

He has been on a diet for heaven knows how long and just wasn't losing anything. He has about an hour of walks or more every day and also two long play sessions as well. He is very tall for a Cavalier as well (more like a Springer I suppose).

Anyway now that I have found out who his secret feeders were, he is at last losing weight :D

Everyone in this house is now under threat - 'Feed my baby at your peril'!

Lucy

So glad to see some larger cavs. Lucy is 9 months and already weighs 20 lbs. she is 15 in. tall. Her nose is also about a 1/2 too long. But, like yours, she is a pet. She is a mismarked ruby and we think she is beautiful.

The UK breed standard states a weight range between 12lbs-18lbs but there are many adult male show cavaliers that are over 18lbs.

I think that breeders have been quite successful in bringing down the size since I showed my Champion boy Monty (see my avatar) who was a big dog weighing 22-23lbs, but there are many cavaliers bred by exhibitors that are much too big or too small for the show ring.

The boys I have here are sizeable. Tommy weighs in at 28lbs ( poor boy is on a permanent diet because his weight is not helped by the gabapentin) but as far as I'm concerned that is all the more to cuddle.

Lucy and Tanner

My larger cav also has a longer nose, it is almost 2 ins. long. Why do we see so many differences in the noses, some almost resemble a chin.

Stella is a petite blenheim female. She stands approx. 11" at the shoulders. She is kinda barrel-chested. She weighs 16-17 lbs. which is a good weight for her. She is a retired show champion that came into my life when she was 5 years old. She is now 8 years old. When we go out to pet stores or dog festivals and we see other cavaliers, Stella is always by far the smallest. Most other cavs we have seen locally have been at least 20 lbs. or over and way taller than Stella.

My Brian is big, too. About 25 lbs (he was 4 lbs at 8 weeks old when I got him), and tall, with the longer nose (almost 2 inches).

2008_0721brian521090063.jpg

2008_0618england090070.jpg

2008_0721brian521090046.jpg

He'll be 10 months old on June 16th.

Back