Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance costs

Post Thanks / Like

Cleopatra, do you have Argos over there? I have Maxx insured with them and imho they have been excellent.

Maxx has been diagnosed with SM so we paid the first £50 of the first claim when the tests began and then ever since they have paid the full amount of every claim as it is a continuation.

A lot of pet insurances won't do this. Another good one is the one through your Vet.

One thing I will say is that, unless you are extremely rich, pet insurance for a Cavalier is a definite must!!!!! Also, get the best policy you can afford. I have the Platinum cover for Maxx and it is only about £3 more than the basic but it gives me something like £4000 worth of cover - just as well when you think that this years medical bills alone have been over £2000 so far....

Post Thanks / Like

yes maxxs mummy we do have argos here, we are still part of the uk too lol...so that does sound like a real good policy.i will sure look into it , thanks a lot for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Very welcome. Yes, I realise you are part of the UK - that's why i thought there might be Argos!!!!

My Vet always jokes that I should ask for my money back on the treatment that hasn't worked

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had big problems with Rupert's insurer, which led to his policy being cancelled, just at the age when we will probably most need it - he is 9 now. This made me very anti insurance, but we did keep Peaches' policy running fortunately - she has received over £1,000 worth of treatment this year, and they've paid the majority of it.

I wasn't going to insure Teddy - just do what many suggest, and put money aside each month. I had researched a few companies, and been told some scare stories. Some of the cheaper companies like Tescos just cancel the policy after you've claimed a couple of times - and then you can't get cover for those conditions with anyone else.

We were quoted a premium of £20 per month with PetPlan, and that was "cheap"!!

There are various types of cover available, you need to check them out thoroughly.

LIFETIME PROVIDERS

MAXIMUM BENEFIT

12 MONTH COVER

ACCIDENT ONLY COVER

THIRD PARTY COVER

There is more information - and a description of the above - available here:

http://www.vip4u.co.uk/index.htm

If your dog is Kennel Club registered, you should receive 6 weeks free cover when the dog is transfered to you from the breeder - this also includes adult dogs, not just pups.

We decided to carry on with the KC insurance, one reason being that they also cover special diets {the ones only available from the vet, eg Peaches is on Hills heart diet} - well the difference between that and your normal food anyway - which most companies don't. I have put in the first claim to them, so we will see...

Going through MVD with Peaches, and seeing the cost of the medication - currently over £1 per day plus 50p on the special diet - I would now always insure a Cavalier!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org