Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overshot jaw??

Post Thanks / Like

_delete duplicate post_

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, a good breeder should give a price reduction on something like this as it definitely means the dog can't be shown. When my parents got thir pyrenees puppy over 40 years ago, the breeder called to apologise and say Lani turned out to have a slightly undershot jaw that would not likely correct. They offered another choice of puppy in the next litter or another not yet chosen in the current litter, or half off the price of Lani who then also had to be sold under a spay contract. My parents already had their hearts set on Lani and never planned to show and had intended to spay anyway, so none of this was an issue. She lived to a ripe age for a pyr, around 12 or 13, and was adored by us all.

So on the one hand, unless a truly serious problem for the puppy, there should be no issue for you at all. And yes, by all accounts they do *sometimes* correct, and as well, a perfect scissors bite in a puppy sometimes gets undershot or overshot as the dog grows. The breeders discuss these issues from time to time over on one of the breeder email lists that I subscribe to.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

i get bentley in a few weeks, pics to follow soon!