Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is your cavalier....

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least he tries to be brave LOL. Maxx first met a horse when he escaped from the house we then lived in and ran straight across to the farm opposite. First thing he met was a horse who just looked disdainfully at him and then neighed. He almost died of shock icon_yikes hahahaha

Nowadays he'll bark at them on tv or from the saftey of his house if one goes past but if he sees one when we're out he runs behind our legs

He didn't actually do anything to the cat that attacked him, he'd literally just stepped outside onto the patio and sat down yawning. The cat seemed to launch itself from nowhere and according to the vet it was the third such attack by the same cat that he'd treated. He said one more and he would apply to the RCVS to take it in and remove its claws as it was dangerous and he was scared it would attack a child. It was my neighbours cat and when i told them what it had done, they laughed! Strange, but we didn't find it very amusing to see our baby in such pain :cry:

Prior to this Maxx would very often be curled up on our lawn with the old cats from next door or playing with the one from over the back. I don't think they ever understood why he kept running away as soon as he saw them :cry:

Post Thanks / Like

Rory loves horses! Mostly because of the yummy green goodies they produce. We couldn't keep him away from the piles when we visited my aunt and uncle's ranch in AZ for Christmas! But definitely no fear there.

He's great w/ my cats. Tries to play with them like he would another dog. One of them obliges, the others give him a nasty look and jump up high where he can't get to them.

I don't think I've ever had him around other animals. He seems very interested in birds, but always on leash, so I don't know what he'd do if he actually could chase one.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Lena tries her best to play with our 13 yr. old kitty. Kitty will have nothing to do with her. She now tolerates Lena in the same room but that's about it.
    Lena has a very strong hunt drive. She runs and barks at all birds, rabbits and squirrels in the yard. She once caught a mouse. I bopped her on the butt and she was so surprised she let it go. I think she would have eaten it. icon_yuk
    Sharyn
    Lena's mom

Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ Lena. It's the look of indignity and surprise that they give you if you dare to chastise them isn't it?

I always remember Maxx eating our (now departed) bunny's food and tapping his rump to distract him - the look he gave me said it all. Now we get the look when he manages to raid the bin and takes wrappers into the garden - I'm sure he thinks we can't hear the rustling and when he gets told 'drop it' he huffs and puffs like a stroppy toddler haha