Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Here

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Here

Hi All,
    I'm new here and just wanted to say hi! I have a 5 month old Tri that we have had for about a month and we just love her! I have learned alot from reading everyones post. unfortuntly I'm not getting anything done at home. I think I'm addicted to this board
    Melanie

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and join the crowd. I have a heck of a time getting my work done on the computer since I'm always checking message boards!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Melanie and Sadie, lovely to have you with us.

Looking forward to hearing more about your new baby, and hopefully lots of photos too
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Puppies sure are fun, and there are plenty here with experience if you have any questions.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie and Sadie, hope that we can see photos soon of your baby, she looks very cute at your avatar
    Grima mommy of two wonderful cavaliers Andrea(blenheim) and Diva (ruby)

-Assa tricolor cavalier waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

ok Lets see if I can figure out this photo thing. Thanks for all the welcomes. So far Sadie is doing great with everything except the potty training. She is so smart and is doing great with some of the basic commands so I cant figure out why she is having trouble with the potty thing. I did notice today that she is going to the door very briefly, but she only stays there 1/2 second. So if we can catch her right then she goes out fine. The big problem is sometimes I will take her out and we will stay out there for 20 min and she doesn't do anything and then 5 min after I bring her in she uses the floor. Oh well! She will eventually get it Right?????
    Melanie

Post Thanks / Like

Sadie is one cutie patootie!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome Melanie and Sadie! Sadie is a doll and I love her name. The breeder had almost completely potty trained Lena by the time I got her but I always used food treats when I was in a hurry-like in the morning getting ready for work. It's amazing. If she knows I am carrying them and I tell her to "Go pee" or the other, she immediately goes. Sometimes its a lifesaver. Especially in strange places where she doesn't want to go.
    Sharyn
    Lena's mom

Post Thanks / Like

Melanie and Sadie, great to see you got the hang of posting pictures I too spend time on message boards reading about Cavaliers and looking at pictures. LOL

Its a wonder I get anything done around the house at all!
    Anita, Gemma & Milly& Kizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Melanie and Sadie,

Sadie is beautiful and so innocent looking . I did the same as Sharyn with the toilet training and always gave Maxx a little treat (usually a piece of carrot) when he'd wee'd for me.

Maxx's first human Mummy (hate the word breeder as she rarely has litters from her 17 (at last count) babies had him almost clean when she let him come to live with us but said that in all of her experience the best thing to do if they started to go in the house was... say 'no' in a very stern voice and immediately lift them back outside, when they finish off in the garden then give them a reward. They are such intelligent little furpeople that they soon get the hang of it

I also trained a rescue Cavalier this way and it only took me a few days - try it and see if it works Good luck anyway