• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi from Sharyn and Lena

Sharyn

Hello everyone,
I have a three year old blenheim girl. She is such a beautiful girl and has the most wonderful temperment. Bless her heart, she is calm and sweet and has just stolen our hearts. My husband and I both adore her. We got her after our boys were grown and moved out. It seemed like I had waited my whole life to get this dog and she turned out to be perfect. It's sure nice to read about everyone and their babies.
Sharyn

Hi Sharyn

Welcome to the board. How long did it take for her to steal your heart :D I think I woke up the next morning completely and totally in love with Jake and then the same thing with Shelby.

Hi Sharyn and Lena, icon_welcome Cavaliers just have a way of making you fall in love with them. It was love at first sight with my Henry and Albert well he was my best friend ever. Now I have the girls Gemma and Milly and I consider myself blessed to share my life with them. :D

Thanks for the welcome, Anita and Cathy. Your doggies are gorgeous, too!! I love tri's and if I ever get another one, would love a tri girl. My breeder sent me a picture of Lena when she was about 3 weeks old. That's when I fell in love, with that gorgeous face and that little button nose. She asked me if I wanted her and I think I said, "Are you kidding? Yes, yes, yes!!" :) I'm hoping to figure out this picture thing soon so I can post some pics.
Sharyn

Hi Sharyn,

My baby boy is a tri they are so gorgeous and his girlie friend is a blenheim - she bosses him around and he follows her everywhere :lol: It took me about 20 seconds to fall in love with Maxx. he was in the pen with his brothers and sisters when we arrived and I stopped to say hello to his Mummy. He immediately trotted to the front of the pen, clambered over his brother and yawned - that was it - luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve LOL

icon_welcome Sharyn and Lena, it's wonderful to have you with us. So pleased you are enjoying the forum and hope you will learn to post some photos so we can see your beautiful baby.

I fell in love icon_heartthrob with Rupert within seconds of meeting him as a pup - he is the only one we've had from puppyhood, but actually it's happened almost as quickly with the older ones too :D

Doggie love

It was so funny, when we first got Lena my hubbie wasn't too sure of this doggie thing. On the way home from the breeder, curled up in my lap in the car, she looked over at him and yawned. Her little tongue curled up a bit and he was a goner. Now, I think he would move mountains for her. It's amazing how much laughter and calmness she has brought to us.
Lena has a cavalier boyfriend, too. His name is Benji and we call him our older gentleman caller. He's nine years old and is just as energetic as can be.
Sharyn

Your story about your hubby made me smile - so many times you hear stories of families going to collect their new pup, and the husband says that the Cavalier is for the wife and kids... some months later, they go back to visit and the Cavalier is sitting on said husband's lap, he plays with pup, walks pup and is 100% devoted :lol: :lol:

They just have a certain something that you can't help but fall in love with icon_heartthrob

My hubby always had dogs as a child, and when we were first together, I had a Westie. He loved her and the family dogs, but nothing like how he feels about the Cavaliers - he is jsut as besotted as I am!!

I had pretty much talked my hubby into getting Jake within an hour. When I took him to see Jake for the first time he was smitten. Then, a year later we got Shelby. John has always been a little jealous about all of the attention I get from Jake and I told him when we get the new one he has to really try to bond with her. Well, Shelby is definitely a daddy's girl. She lays on the couch with him and just loves him to bits. John is the one who brought up the subject of a 3rd. No go on my end. I'm plenty busy with the two and we have such a small yard. He's really particular about a clean house and no dog hair but now that we have the two he has relaxed his standard quite a bit. Although he's still not wild about the dog hair in his coffee!!

Having two

I got to babysit Lena's boyfriend, Benji all last week. It was so much fun to have two! Even though he's nine years old, Benji was definitely the "alpha" guy. He was up the steps first, out the door first, barked more than Lena and claimed our laps first. Lena was fine with all of this and seemed to understand that he was the boss during his stay. Lena has never barked very much so when Benji would look out the front door and bark his head off she would look at us as if to say, "What, what is he barking at?"
Sharyn

Sharyn, it sounds like Lena would adjust well to having a companion then :D

It's always useful to be able to do a "trial run" :lol:

I have noticed a big increase in the amount of dog hair since acquiring our 3rd Cavalier, also he brings in a lot of grass/twigs/ 1/2 a tree :oops: :lol: every time he comes in from the garden as he has such a long coat and tail.

Three is definitely more work, but other than that it doesn't really change things too much. Most places that you can take two dogs to, you can take 3. You only have two hands for dispensing treats and affection though, so they have to learn to take it in turns.

We recently purchased this from TRPD {link in my signature}-

IMG_0680.jpg

It's brilliant with the two together, but three get tangled up {it was an experiment, they made an extra section for me that unclips}. I'm sure TedBear was a Maypole dancer in a former life, as he's brilliant at tangling up the leads :lol: This does stop two from getting tangled though, and I just have the third dog in my other hand.

Cathy, tell your hubby that the dog hair is added fibre :lol:

Coffee just doesn't taste the same without added dog hair :oops:

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome, Jen. Nikki, I can definitely say that a two dog lead would have been great while I was dog sitting Benji. I tried having one on each hand but it quickly got out of control. I just had to go back and get my husband to help. Even then they wanted to twist and turn around one another. And when another dog from the neighborhood came over to say hi we all got tangled up!
Sharyn

Nicki,

I've just come back to this thread and seen that lead - what a brilliant idea!!!

The bit about dog hair made me laugh - it gets everywhere no matter how careful we are with our cleaning routines LOL I made a jelly the other day and when the kids were eating it my oldest said eugh there's a hair in here (I know mine needs cutting, but still... :? ) I immediately grabbed his spoon to look and then realised it was one of Maxx's. I told him so and he said Ah well, not his fault & polished the lot off. If that had been a human hair it would have been WWIII broken out in the household :lol:

Isn't that funny?! If I find a human hair in my food....ewwww gross! A dog hair? Oh well...no biggie!

Back