Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Sharyn and Lena

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sharyn, it sounds like Lena would adjust well to having a companion then

It's always useful to be able to do a "trial run"

I have noticed a big increase in the amount of dog hair since acquiring our 3rd Cavalier, also he brings in a lot of grass/twigs/ 1/2 a tree every time he comes in from the garden as he has such a long coat and tail.

Three is definitely more work, but other than that it doesn't really change things too much. Most places that you can take two dogs to, you can take 3. You only have two hands for dispensing treats and affection though, so they have to learn to take it in turns.

We recently purchased this from TRPD {link in my signature}-

It's brilliant with the two together, but three get tangled up {it was an experiment, they made an extra section for me that unclips}. I'm sure TedBear was a Maypole dancer in a former life, as he's brilliant at tangling up the leads This does stop two from getting tangled though, and I just have the third dog in my other hand.

Cathy, tell your hubby that the dog hair is added fibre

Coffee just doesn't taste the same without added dog hair
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lena

Welcome! Lena is beautiful!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome, Jen. Nikki, I can definitely say that a two dog lead would have been great while I was dog sitting Benji. I tried having one on each hand but it quickly got out of control. I just had to go back and get my husband to help. Even then they wanted to twist and turn around one another. And when another dog from the neighborhood came over to say hi we all got tangled up!
    Sharyn
    Lena's mom

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki,

I've just come back to this thread and seen that lead - what a brilliant idea!!!

The bit about dog hair made me laugh - it gets everywhere no matter how careful we are with our cleaning routines LOL I made a jelly the other day and when the kids were eating it my oldest said eugh there's a hair in here (I know mine needs cutting, but still... ) I immediately grabbed his spoon to look and then realised it was one of Maxx's. I told him so and he said Ah well, not his fault & polished the lot off. If that had been a human hair it would have been WWIII broken out in the household

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Donna - made my day!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that funny?! If I find a human hair in my food....ewwww gross! A dog hair? Oh well...no biggie!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah