• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maxx's new friend!

Maxxs_Mummy

Here's something to make you all laugh. I've posted it on Angela's site too but thought I'd share it here as well...

Last night my hubby went to bed a couple of hours before me and as it was stuffy he left the patio doors open but turned the lights off. I too Maxx out for his wee before bed and as we have lights in the garden i didn't bother putting the lounge lights on.

Anyway, he wouldn't settle. He kept going downstairs and scratching the floor (he usually does this when he's hungry or if one of the kids has dropped a sweet or something and he can smell it). I tried everything to calm him down and thought maybe he was in pain so tried to get him to snuggle on the sofa with me, seeing as he wouldn't stay upstairs.

Eventually he jumped onto one of the chairs and started snoring so I went back to bed. THEN I heard this bump and more scratching but this time he was crying too. Needless to say I flew down the stairs thinking he'd hurt himself as I got to the lounge door I saw Maxx standing in the middle of the room and a blobby looking shadow move across one of the walls. My immediate thought was OMG a rat !

Maxx immediately dived across the room and kept getting into his 'play bow' - I called him and tentatively switched the lights on and moved cautiously into the room. As I did so I heard it move again. By this time I was wide awake again ...

I carefully moved the chair to see this enormous frog LOL - it must have hopped in through the open door as the house was dark and dry and Maxx thought it was wonderful.

I went to the kitchen and got a hge jug to catch it in then opened the door a crack to let it go outside. With that the little furry demon shoved me out of the way and was gone - he chased that poor frog all round the garden and every time it stopped he nudged it with his nose to make it jump again!

By the way it was chucking it down with rain and I was chasing this furry demon round the garden trying to get him back in the house wearing a pair of pyjamas and a pair of slippers. Good job our garden is secluded or my neighbours would have called the men in white coats!

Needless to say, today I am exhausted (was up all previous night with my youngest as his asthma was bad) and HE has slept all day! He is still looking for his new friend in the garden when he goes out there though :~)

Donna and Maxxy :~)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Donna but this just cracked me up, I can just imagine the frog, Maxxy and you hurtling round the garden :D

Sorry to hear about your son, hope he is better now. Did the hot weather make it worse? How old is the wee fellow?

On a happier note, I noticed a brownish coloured lump in the hallway one evening, and immediately thought one of the dogs had had a mishap - very unusual, they're normally so good. When I investigated, it was a frog!! It had come through the outer porch {very damp and dark, now demolished!!}, the outer hallway, into the inner hallway, at least some 15 feet!! icon_yikes Was obviously very determined to come in!!

I'm afraid that I'm one of those horrid people who loves just about anything that moves, {except slugs, sorry just don't like them - although I can tolerate the big black ones, as they only eat dead vegetation, so are useful} and was absolutely thrilled that he'd decided to visit :lol: :oops:

I had a funny feeling it would make you laugh Nicki :lol: it really was so funny. I was dripping wet but all I could do was laugh - which was probably why he wouldn't get in!

I love frogs too they are so sweet but I was afraid Maxx might thump one of his paws down playfully and hurt him - he's so daft though he just thought it was great fun but he kept on scratching the door and barking, crying and whinging to go back out the garden all night long grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tbh Nicki I love most creatures but must admit I was quite worried when I thought it was a rat. More so in case it bit Maxx than anything else. We live in the country and are quite near to a brook so we do from time to time get the odd rat in the garden :? and have on occasion had field mice in the garage - very sweet but extremely destructive LOL

A very tired Donna and a snoring Maxxy ;)

Yes I think we have a similar sense of humour - completely mad!!! :lol:

It's just exactly the sort of thing I would have done too!!

And Rupert would have done the same as Maxx, he's so persistent when he wants something!! :D My fault really, I didn't teach him to tolerate being frustrated when he was a puppy. At the time we were living in an end terrace house, so I couldn't leave him to bark and learn that important lesson.

No I'm not keen on rats - but only because of the risk of disease and the fact that the dogs could get hurt. We don't see many rats here surprisingly, there were hundreds in Norfolk.

Don't start me on the mice though - they look SO cute, but are incredibly destructive.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny!!! I could just picture it and was sitting here chuckling. Good thing no one called the looney bin on you!

:lol: Sounds like he thought it was a personal toy; he sure figured out how to make it 'work'!! So funny that he knew it was still down there too and was so anxious to get to it.

I also don't mind various creatures. I've always particularty liked bats!

Karlin, I've just seen that you like bats :D You'd love it here, we've got huge conifers at the back of our garden and we have bats living in them.

They are fantastic creatures and just after dusk they all come out and swoop around the garden. If we're lucky, they come really close to the patio doors and you can see them really well :D

Back