• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How's this for a bad haircut?

Maxxs_Mummy

I've just got to share these pics of Maxx with you all....
The photo's are now 3 years old but they still make me laugh....

This is Maxx on 15/04/2002

Maxx3150402.jpg

And this is him two days later, after the most disastrous haircut ever - he sulked for days and wouldn't even eat. If we showed him his lead he ran and hid he was so ashamed poor love.....

Maxx3170402.jpg

The silly woman who did it to him completely shaved his chest but left all his tummy fur really long :( She also left his ears as nothing but 'flaps' no feathering at all :( It still upsets me to look at it really!

I clip a couple of mine out and do them really close as they are elderly and with heart problems, however I always leave the ear and tail feathering.
Poor Maxx, but it grows again sweetheart !

Ruth

Oh poor wee fellow, I bet he was embarrassed. Thank goodness it grows back fairly quickly.

I would have been so cross if they'd done that to my baby :x

He's a lovely boy Donna, well done on posting the photos icon_banana

aww poor doggy i really feel for him, but i must admit this picture really gave me a good giggle, he just looks so lost without his fur.....but they are great pics, he is gorgeous :)

Thanks Cleopatra, I think he's gorgeous too, but then I am biased :lol:

His fur did grow back again and he's had lots of haircuts since then. We never went back to the same place again though.

He was so depressed after that cut that he wouldn't even look at us for about a week. He just lay on his cushion facing the wall and sulking :lol:

thats soooooooooooo funny, i would of loved to have seen that, he sounds like a real load of fun,its amazing how they can huff just like we do, but of course us women huff much better than men(but that,s just my opinion) and i think that my husband mark would agree :) i bet max wishes that he could of took you back to his hairdresser and demanded that you sued them, god imagine if you had asked for a perm? icon_yikes
BIG KISS TO MAX

What did you say when you walked in and saw him like that? I think I would have cried. Thank goodness it grows back, hes looking gorgeous now!

I don't want to name names, but Maxx's picture brought to mind a story about one of those chain pet stores that offer grooming services. We took in our Scarlett just being nosey and asking about prices etc. The groomer asked me if Scarlett was a SCHNAUZER!!!! I could have overlooked if she had thought she was another type of spaniel, but not a SCHNAUZER. That's when I knew they would never get a hold of Scarlett . I spoke to my regular groomer later about it and confessed that we were checking out the competition, and she warned me that many of those people are not trained well and just shave all dogs the same way and call it a grooming.

Poor Maxx. Isn't it funny how they know when they are being adorable--or in this case how they know when they have been scalped! LOL I bet he is dapper again by now, though!

Back