• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tri rescue boy

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a tri coming to stay with me, he's 5-ish and not yet neutered icon_yikes so himself will be heading in for snips asap. I want to check out his personality a bit before decided what happens next. He's been with the same family for his whole life so he's not coming from an unknown rescue situation but needed rehoming for circumstances that were understandable, two very small kids that a grandmother looks after were tormenting him, not intentionally but the grandmother was finding it hard to cope with her sudden return to daycare for daughter's kids plus the dog, who is shy around kids (as are mine). He's apparently fine with cats so I should be able to foster him for the time being; he does have a prospective home lined up after that. Should be fun; will get a pic once things have settled down! My two love having a companion so that I hope will bring him out of his shell.

icon_banana

Poor man, his ears had at LEAST 7 inches of felted mats hanging off the ends, some divided into two or three separate mats!! icon_yikes Also he's been shorn but I don't think ever brushed; I took out clumps and clumps and clumps of dead hair even on his short coat. He looks much better now and I hope feels better. He's pooped out in a dog bed at my feet. Just waiting to find a home where he can be a real cavalier... :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I so wish he was nearer to me - I'd come and get him from you :)

I'm sure that someone will soon give this poor ickle baby the loving and caring home that he deserves.

I've just looked at Maxx's ears and thought 'Oh yuk' but I haven't brushed him for two days as he's off to the grooming parlour this morning :D

Last time I took him, he'd had sore ears and wouldn't let me brush them for a couple of days. I was soooooooooooooo apologetic to his groomer and said I was ashamed of his ears - she just laughed and afterwards said she'd only found one tiny little knot - normally when she gets Cavaliers in their ears too are full of mats and knots and all horrible. Why do people let their babies get like it? I just don't understand it. It only takes a few minutes each day & a bit longer once a week to keep them in tip top condition & Maxx has carpet coat so he takes longer than most!!!!

Donna & a very excited Maxx ! :D

Here's Ricky!

22130739_131cd2c3ff_m.jpg

22130738_66ab480fea_m.jpg

He's so cute Karlin.

Donna, I know what you are saying about the ears! Shelby's ears get horrible knots because her hair is so fine. But, luckily she enjoys being combed and happily submits to it. I usually comb both the pups every other day and then the knots aren't so bad. Also keeping them clean helps. When they are dirty the mats get worse and are harder to comb out.

What a doll!! He looks like he's got a great Cav personality. Not bringing him back to the states for your parents??

BTW - how is the move going? House-hunting still? (sorry to change the subject)

In general he is great with other dogs but as often happens with rescues he's a bit needy and a bit jealous of me so there's a little growling at times in the house. My main problem is trying to manage him along with 5 kittens upstairs (two are long-haired and like little teddy bears, so cute!). At the moment I have in total 9 cats and 3 dogs in the house!! icon_yikes I can't let him off lead in the house with my cats so I will be happy to have him move along to his forever home. Fostering dogs is difficult without a yard/garden and with an open-plan house with few doors -- also with one room full of kittens. :lol:

My parents are really interested in a blenheim so I am keeping my eyes open for just the right one. This guy is very nice though; might give him a bath later on. I will have him through Friday unless his new home gets sorted before then. Walking three is a bit of a production too esp. as I lost a big toenail in a misshap Saturday evening so am limping around and trying to keep dogs from going anywhere remotely close to that toe!!

Never a dull moment around here, anyway... :roll:

Rory I posted on the house thread just the other day -- I'll be over in two weeks and will do a day or two of househunting in Sac; if I come up for a second day on my own for Sac/Davis I'll contact you and maybe we can meet! With my mom with me however I won't as she tires easily and just the whole thing of going up to look at houses will be a long day for her.

Oh he is just delicious and look at that smile :D {{{{{{{{Karlin}}}}}}}} Hope your toe gets better soon. I bet you're finding keeping dogs away is a mission in itself?

I broke two of my toes a while back and guess where Maxx wanted to lie????

On top of it all just got a call that a 12 year old female cav has been surrendered to the pound meaning she has at most 24 hrs, she is totally fit and healthy just someone looking for a free way to pts their dog... :x icon_crying

Think she is getting sorted; I posted to our animal welfare board and a UK group that rehomes oldies has said they'll take her, so now just need a foster. I might end up with her in the house too as a result, hopefully not for longer than 24 hours!! Boy I need a house with a yard and a third bedroom... I'll go get her on my bicycle tomorrow if needed.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Karlin}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I think what you are doing is so wonderful. Thank you on behalf of all the little darlings that you help, as they can't speak for themselves.

I'm sure that your own babies know why you bring these babies home and are proud of your for doing so too :)

This fellow is still looking for a home, if anyone in Ireland or the UK is interested, as the prospective home doesn't seem to have materialised... UK people need to be known to me/to others in rescue networks so they can be homechecked; drop me a PM if interested!

He looks a sweet boy, full of character icon_heartthrob

Poor wee fellow, sounds like he was in a right mess :( It only takes a few minutes to keep their coat under control, iif you do it regularly - I can't understand people not bothering. Part of the joy of having a Cavalier is making them look their best.

Sorry to hear about the toe Karlin, that sounds painful. You really do have a full life again at the moment then!
((((Hugs))), love and strength coming your way.

Hope you find a home for this little guy soon - Donna he'd be a great friend for Maxx??? :)

Some options have opened up here; waiting to hear from the first person and if that doesn't come through, then am working with another person who frequently rehomes cavaliers and she has a couple of potential homes. Phew! She had been away. I'd like for him to go locally rather than have to do a cross-channel trip.

Oh Karlin, i so hope that this little angel gets the loving home he deserves. I've been working on my hubby and boys to let me have him or another but so far they are not budging :cry:

:cry: :cry: for you Donna - tell them that Cavaliers definitely need company :)

Paws and fingers crossed that this wee fellow will soon find a loving home

Oh Donna sure wish they would! He is booked to go to a UK rescue who will make sure he gets a very good home. At the moment he is very stressed as he is getting moved around quite a bit. Poor little man needs to be in his forever home asap. For some reason nothing has worked in Ireland; I'd thought there would be queues for him.

That's a shame Karlin - I can't understand it, he's gorgeous.

I'm sure there will be a loving forever home for him somewhere - maybe it's an extra special one and that's why he's having to wait :?

Have you tried giving him some Rescue Remedy? - may make him feel a bit better, it certainly works for me! 1 or 2 drops in his mouth, or 4 in the water bowl - it won't hurt the other furries.

Back