Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two puppy farm bitches in Limerick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Two puppy farm bitches in Limerick

These two girls need foster or homing in Ireland. If UK rescue wants to become involved, I could work to rehome Grace to the UK, who might have a harder time finding a home over here. Mitzi will likely find a home more easily (I am tempted!).

http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com...ueltycases.htm

I have offered to take Mitzi in for foster when I return from the US on the 17th; I am guessing she will likely find a home before then though through LAW. I am trying not to think of adding a third cavalier though I have wanted a B&T!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Reading these stories just breaks my heart! I just don't get how anyone can treat a living, breathing being like this. As far as those kids kicking puppies on the railroad tracks!! icon_furious
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The people at LAW deal with some pretty grim stuff. There are some poor areas of town where the children can be horrific to animals -- just plain ignorance I think and you can imagine the lives the kids must lead if they take it out on animals. The pound in Limerick also does not work at all with rescues and has one of the highest kill rates in Ireland -- very few dogs that go in ever get reclaimed or rehomed. :cry:

I hope Grace can find a special home with someone. I think this is the condition that one of PatB's cavaliers had. Both appear to have had horrible lives and yet they are so friendly. Poor Mitzi with her nails growing back into her paw pads! icon_yikes :cry:
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

God, I feel soooo sick...

If I was at home a bit more, I'd gladly take them in...

When I was talking to the ISPCA in Northern Ireland, they advised me that there are at least 54 puppy farms that they know about in Ireland... and that really scared me !
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues

Post Thanks / Like

Oh those poor darling girls :cry: it really breaks my heart to think that anyone can get away with treating them like this :cry:

If only my hubby would let me get another.... Our house would be far too noisy for Grace though, with two teenagers and their mates always in and out

I really hope that some wonderful human will have a good enough heart to give them both the love and the care and attention in a wonderful home that they deserve

What really gets me is that the authorities must know what goes on at these evil breeding places yet they still licence them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well folks looks like I am going to try out Mitzi as number 3 here... icon_banana She is going to spend some more time with Grace in foster first as they are both adjusting to life around people and dogs right now. We shall see how it goes.

I am told she is a total character, acts like a puppy though going on six, and wants to play and play and is full of affection. Loves kids and other dogs. They also say she is very pretty and not like the usual farm dogs; I suspect she may be a dog from a dceent breeder that ended up in this particular hell. Will need housetraining and the rest! And I don;t dare tell my mom. Will have to tell people I am 'just fostering'...
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

oh, I'm so excited for you and little Mitzi, Karlin! She's a doll!

Will you keep the name or change it? I see that they just gave her this name when they rescued her so I'm sure she's not attached to it yet.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Karlin I'm so excited for you. icon_banana icon_banana

Really hope it works out and that Mitzi can be yours forever. She's such a pretty girl and sounds a real character. I'm sure she will blossom with your love and care, and with having two wonderful Cavalier companions and of course lots of kitties too.

I couldn't anymore on the website, just read about the Cavaliers and I was a wreck :cry:

Really hope someone can take on Grace - she's had such a poor start.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to be neutral on homing her as very often foster cavaliers haven't tolerated the cats and they were here first... the close quarters means I can;t really wait a lot of time for them all to adjust as it is very stressful to the cats. So I'll see. If nothing else I can foster her for a couple of weeks while she is placed. I realise in retrospect I was really lucky with Leo; he just accepted a house full of cats though he was wary of them for a long time!!
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, thats so sweet... we always knew you were going to add a full colour cavalier to the addition... lol

I hope that she has a wonderful life with you and her two new friends....
    www.pet-bliss.com for pet products
    www.poshpaws.ie Designer Pet Products
    www.gift-ireland.com voluntary group raising money for rescues