• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How do I convince my hubby...

Maxxs_Mummy

that we really should have another baby to keep Maxx company????

There are two on Many Tears for adoption and I want them both!!!!

I would be happy with one though!

Jake was a great dog on his own and such a spoiled boy. I wasn't sure how I was going to bring a second in. Then my breeder sent her 7 month old female home with us to visit and we were sold. To see them play with each other and then snooze next to each other on the kitchen floor had us sold. I called Margaret the next day and told her we had to send Ayla home because Jake was getting so attached to her...when could I get a female!

I love having two. They have so much fun together and at night we each get one on our lap!!

Having two dogs is the best, for me and for them. Gem and Monty have each other to play with when we are not available. My two are only a few months apart so they have really always been together (same breeder...same sire). Dogs are social animals and Cavaliers especially so....is there some way you can bribe him? Maybe we can post some pictures of happy duets. Hope you get your Cavaliers. Rescuing one or two would be a double bonus.
J.

I can e-mail you lots of photos of two or more happily cuddled up together if that would help?? :lol:

A couple of examples:

_MG_0169.jpg

RupTed.jpg

I know it must be difficult after your experiences with Holly, but that really is very unusual.

I think you have some Cavalier friends locally? Does Hubby see them with Maxx and see how much Maxx enjoys their company?

If he can see that you've really looked into this hopefully he will be convinced.

I think Mary has offered to help - she has loads of experience of rescue dogs, mainly Cavaliers, and will offer help and advice.

Mary's website is http://www.doglady.org.uk/

We have paws and fingers crossed for you xxx

Getting a second was the best decision I made for both me and Jaspar. He loves the company; they play and sleep together and though very different in personality get along very well. I think it is better for them mentally to have a canine companion of any type; but I do think cavaliers spot other cavaliers and enjoy each others' company!

I really do have twice as much fun with two, as well.

Nicki those Teddy pics are so sweet! Making me think of a ruby now... :)

Thanks..the first one was within a couple of days of him arriving :D

Definitely think a Ruby would look good with Jasper and Leo, Karlin icon_banana

Actually Blenheims and Rubies look lovely together in photos - I guess it's the coat colours

:cry: He's not budging :cry:

I have now gone on the defensive and warned him that if he doesn't let me have one then I will get both mwahahahahaha

Back