• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Choosing a name

rory said:
OMG - doesn't the new book come out tomorrow?!?!

Oh, you in the UK probably already have it, huh? :(

No it's not released here until the 16th...it's already on order from Amazon :lol: :lol: {don't expect me to be around very much for a few days after that, I couldn't put the last one down!!}

I know a girl Cavalier called "Inca"...

I have a Tri pup at the Bridge called Merlin {he only lived 8 days :cry: :cry: }, he was a gorgeous boy though, and I'd be thrilled if you called your Tri baby that too :D

No it's not released here until the 16th...it's already on order from Amazon :lol: :lol: {don't expect me to be around very much for a few days after that, I couldn't put the last one down!!

I have a Tri pup at the Bridge called Merlin {he only lived 8 days :cry: :cry: }, he was a gorgeous boy though, and I'd be thrilled if you called your Tri baby that too :D[/quote]

I've pre ordered my book and told my boss i'll not be in work that day ;)

Sorry to hear about your pup, will ask kids what they think of Merlin, although i keep coming back to josh... or sticking with bentley

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Maybe.... You should get another two........ and then you can have Harry, Toby and Bentley ;)

What about Josh too, Donna - I think that means that Heather will have to have 4 boys!! :lol:

Well I like all of those, Toby does suit him - but the others do too. Oh dear I'm not being much help here :oops:

Maybe at your next visit, try the names out and see if he responds to any of them?

Also stand in the middle of the field - or wherever you are going to walk him, and call out each name in turn. If you are embarrased by any of them, then don't call him that LOL. And if any dogs do turn up, then that's going to cause confusion!!!

i guess i'll have to wait until i see him again before i can decide what suits him, and i won't be getting a 2nd one for at least 2 years icon_whistling icon_whistling

looking-for-a-friend said:
i guess i'll have to wait until i see him again before i can decide what suits him, and i won't be getting a 2nd one for at least 2 years icon_whistling icon_whistling

So she says!!! I had no intentions of getting a second one. Jake and Shelby are 10 months apart! icon_whistling

We had a chalk board and whenever we thought of a name we put it up o n the board. Just looking at it regularly helped. Sometimes a name that originally seemed really cool got less cool the more we looked at it - so it would get erased.

I was considering a pup a while ago and I wanted to name him Willow...Will for short....I love nature names.
The boy I'm considering now is 9 months..so I really shouldn't change his name, right? It's Connor.

They quickly learn a new name. A 'name' to them is a wod they know means they should look to you and means something is happening that involves them. Mine also respond in the same way to 'treats' or 'look'... :lol:

Leo's name was Gizmo (though the breeder hated it -- his daughter chose it and he was her dog!). I chose a name I liked and that was close-ish to Gizmo -- same ending sound. He was responding to Leo within days.

I've fostered pound dogs -- we give them names to identify them and give them some personality instead of a number -- and they respond very quickly to a new name. It is like learning a new command for them, they learn quickly that the word means some sort of attention from you.

Back