• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Choosing a name

Harry & Heidi's mom

Hi,

I've found a lovely TRI cavalier and should be bringing him home in about 4 weeks time.

He is currently called Bentley, but can change his name if i want to, so could you give me a few ideas????

:D

Heather

Wonderful news Heather, really pleased for you.

Is it the little guy with the undeshot jaw?

I rather like Bentley actually :D

But my shortlist for boys is:

Monty
Tyler
Joshua
Russet {for a Blen or Ruby}

Could you get hold of a baby names book? SOmtimes they help.

If you can post a photo, that would help - then we could see what suits him :D

http://www.dog-names.us/ is a website with dog names - worth a look.

Yes, this is the pup with the overshot jaw, ;)

I like the name Bentley, but my kids arn't so keen on it.

i like the names Toby and Josh...... gosh it is hard to decide lol

I have a pic of him on my mobile, does anyone know if i can somehow get it on my pc??

Heather

I'd love to be able to help here but, unfortunately any names I've ever picked for my babies (that incidentally I pick up all bills for and clean up after, feed, groom and love to the ends of the earth) have always been pooh-poohed by my hubby and kids and they've all ended up being called by a name that one of them has picked :x [/b]

there are many sites on dog names online , if you need help finding them, let me know and I'll post an address. I've always thought it's a little selfish to rename an adult dog. Just my opinion though.

Nancy said:
there are many sites on dog names online , if you need help finding them, let me know and I'll post an address. I've always thought it's a little selfish to rename an adult dog. Just my opinion though.

I'm pretty sure it's a puppy.

You can get the pic off of your phone. Send it to your email, then you'll have the image! then you can put it on an online photo hosting site (like www.photobucket.com) and post it here! :D

I love the name game!!

I love the name Toby. But, my nephew named my parents' goat, Toby and then they had the nerve to name the other one Sabrina, another of my favorite names. I also love the name Charlie but since that's my Dad and one of my nephew's I guess that name is used up!

Nancy said:
I've always thought it's a little selfish to rename an adult dog. Just my opinion though.

Hi,

He is a pup not an adult, he is 9 weeks old at the moment.
If he had been ad adult then i would not have changed it :D

Trying to get the pic for you all to see

Heather

ATT00015.jpg

hope this works icon_banana icon_banana

Oh he's gorgeous Heather, what a sweetie icon_heartthrob

He looks more like a Toby than a Josh though...will have a think for some more names :D

Do you have any special interests that you would like to use names from - cars, flowers etc?

Preferably not Hagrid though LOL

Harry is a great name, maybe also James/Jamie after his Father?

Have known a couple of Dudleys - but this wouldn't be my choice :lol:

Sirius or Padfoot?

Nicki said:
Preferably not Hagrid though LOL

Harry is a great name, maybe also James/Jamie after his Father?

Have known a couple of Dudleys - but this wouldn't be my choice :lol:

Sirius or Padfoot?

OH DEAR the truth is out - I'm a bit of a HP fan myself :lol: :oops:

What about Gryffin?? (Short for Gryffindor, of course!)

OMG - doesn't the new book come out tomorrow?!?!

Oh, you in the UK probably already have it, huh? :(

oh cathy don't tempt me :lol:

i asked my kids this morning what they thought of the name Harry, my daughter just rolled her eyes and walked away :lol: :lol: :lol:
then said ok ok we'll call him Josh ha ha ha

Back