• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clare Rusbridge video/DVD on syringomyelia

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
A professional DVD was made of neurologist Clare Rusbridge's presentation on syringomyelia in cavaliers to the 2005 Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of America National Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in May.

Another was made of her Canadian presentation, made soon after the US one -- two versions, one with the Q&A session, one without -- and this is now available.

This is an introduction to what SM is, why it is affecting cavaliers, and the latest treatments, thinking and research on SM by this leading vet neurologist from Wimbledon (Clare is the foremost name involved in research on this terrible condition).

Both are now ready; the longer Canadian version has a very complete Q&A and a good representation of all the slides and comes highly recommended, while the US single CD version is also well-produced and with generally the same content excluding the question session. Here is the information on the Canadian version (more info: http://www.candog.com/cavaliers/ ):

To order your copy of the DVD presentation: Contact Pat Barrington by email at: [email protected] or by phone: (905-382-0092)

Cost: $25.00 (Canadian $) for the Edited Version (Dr. Rusbridge presentation only) or $35.00 (Canadian $) for the Unedited Version that also includes introductions of key persons referenced within this review as well as the Question and Answer session. The DVD recording of this presentation was done as a fund raiser, with proceeds to go back into research of Syringomyelia and Arnold Chiari malformation. So please… we ask that you not copy this DVD for others. Instead, advise persons how to order their own copies.

The US version is available here (note it is BELOW the DVDs of the show itself, you may need to scroll down the page).

NB: I will be making one of these versions available to Europeans to order directly from this site but as yet the final details for doing this aren't yet worked out with the other parties. Watch this space and I'll update as soon as we are ready to go.

An update -- the US version is not yet available but the Canadian version noted above is, and the long version is recommended as it has the complete Q&A after the talk. I will be offering this longer version to Europeans in the next two weeks or so and will post to advise of price; it will be around sterling15 or euro25 and aside from covering postage and the rerpoduction costs for the DVD itself, all proceeds go to further SM research.

I've now seen this DVD and HIGHLY recommend it to ANYONE with a cavalier. I learned so much from watching it; learned a lot about what is going on when dogs have it, the genetics, the treatment options, plus there are video clips of dogs showing the scratching/bunny hopping gait and showing pain, which will help people get an idea of what to be watching for.

The 2-DVD set from Canada Is the most complete version available right now -- the US version is still being worked on but they are more or less the same talk. The 2 DVD Canadian set includes all the questions after the talk; but even the single CD version would be an important addition to one's cavalier library.

I will be able to offer the Canadian version in the next week or so -- I just need to finalise some details and set up payment arrangements. All money raised by sales goes directly to cavalier research on SM, excepting the postage costs and costs for reproducing the DVD, which are both nominal.

Thanks Karlin, I am very interested even if it was just for my Vet to watch. He is trying to learn everything he can about SM - I am so lucky to have him and count my blessings every single day :)

How many people have Vets as wonderful I don't know, but I sure wish that you could all meet mine. He adores Cavaliers and knows so much about them - he even takes his own three into surgery with him when his wife's not home with them and they run around behind the reception desk :lol: Maxx thinks it's great when they are there as he doesn't have to sit patiently but is allowed to go and play :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is now possible to pay for these DVDs from the Canadian club by PayPal -- if you email or ring them at the contact points provided they will give you the details and send out your DVDs.

Back