• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

foster kittens

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I have these five living with me at the moment (and they sound like small children banging around when they are all playing in their 'kitten room' -- you wouldn't believe such small things could make such a racket!! :lol: ).

From the same litter though they are all so different, including two matching black longhaired kittens! They have been homed together but are staying with me while new owners are on holiday. I am anxious to get the other three placed as I am trying to sell my house and already will have to gather up my huge crowd into crates each time people come to view the house. Eeek!

Quincy, my orange cat, loves going up into their room and sitting amongst them while they all attack his tail and play. The dogs are well used to kittens -- follow them around trying to smell their little behinds...

21436847_adbbb24fa8.jpg

21436842_4ce4c17e93.jpg

Oh they're so cute Karlin icon_heartthrob icon_thumbsup

Wish you could pop a couple in the post to me :lol:

Hope you soon find homes for the remaining three - they are so irresistable, I'm sure it won't take long...

Good luck with the house sale - paws and fingers crossed for you.

I hated going through that, having to put the dogs away, and making sure everything was spotlessly clean, fresh towels and bedding etc - then some people are there for 2 minutes and go away icon_devil

It will be worth it though - you'll all have a wonderful time in America.

If Maxx wasn't so scared of cats I'd have two ;) Those tabbies are gorgeously patterned and I love tabby cats :)

I know they say your house sells better if you don't have animals around but tbh I never had a problem with Maxx, even though he always thought viewers were coming to see him!

I think that's the good thing about Cavaliers, most people look at them and say 'Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' LOL

Good luck anyway Karlin :D

Now down to two to rehome, the two tabbies (funny enough as I thought they would go first! Though the two black longhairs are a striking pair too). Some nice grandparents came and took the little black shporthair feamle which delighted me as sometimnes black cats can be harder to place and she is such a sweetie.

In the meantime I have another cat in the bathroom -- she is a saga -- belonged to a woman who died in our row of houses 3 months ago, and had been living on the rooftops with other semiferals. She just had two kittens that had died, and she has been very distraught. I trapped her and got her spayed intending to release her as I'd been told by neighbours that she was basically semiferal, and when I took the trap up on the roof to let her go, she wouldn;t go away but came back doing headbumps and purring!!!

Guess the hormones from the babies had made her defensive and also sher has been scared living rough. I have found a woman who will take her as a foster to see of she'll fit with her other three cats/2 dogs out in the country, so fingers crossed. Only place to put her is the bathroom. So you can imagine my house... icon_yikes

Hoping to find a home for the other two kittens soon!!

Oh Karlin - you are not going to be able to get around in your house soon :lol:

You are such a star, bless you for looking after this little puddy tat too - she sounds really sweet. I so hope her foster home will work out - and that maybe she will become a "permanent resident" there - a home in the country would be lovely.

Those tabby kittens are just gorgeous, I'm sure they won't be with you for much longer...

Oh it is fun to take them in but I'm always happy when they get homes and I get my rooms back!!

All the kittens are homed and so far the grey and white cat, now named Elsa, is doing OK after some initial standoffs with the resident cats. Normal but can be a little disconcerting for the owners. She is a love sponge -- has just been starved for affection I think.

Back