• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do your Cavaliers like flowers?

Maxxs_Mummy

I'm just wondering because Maxx loves flowers and plants, especially lavender, freesias and roses. If I have flowers in a vase in the house I have to put them on the hearth because he will climb anything to sniff them :roll:

Where we used to live, there was a huge lavender bush that the builders had planted as part of the landscaping on the estate - they used to laugh at him as he'd spend about ten minutes of every walk, burying his nose in it and inhaling the vapours :shock:

He also spends hours in the garden just wandering around sniffing the flowers - maybe if he was human he would have been a florist :lol:

Flowers

Yes! That's so funny, because Abbey always tries to smell the Freesia we pass on our usualy walk. She seems to really like it! :lol:

Bless them, maybe they're trying to tell you about aromatherapy oils? :D

Lavender and Rose are both calming - I think Maxx can be nervous of things, so that would really help him.

They're cleverer than we think :lol:

Mine do show an interest in flowers, but at the moment, they're into grass in a BIG way - in fact I'm sure I now have COWvaliers :lol: icon_banana

Yes! Only to eat! Teddy runs straight to the potted hibiscus and loves to eat the fallen blooms!
UGH!

Nancy
New Jersey

Rupert sniffing the flowers...

IMG_0142.jpg

and of course he always did like to help with the gardening :lol:

Rupert040404-30-58622.jpg

Haha Nicki,

I love that bottom pic - I've got one of Maxx somewhere doing something similar to the yukka tree that he destroyed LOL.

That's a beautiful pic of Peaches, did you name her because of her Peachy cheeks? She really looks like a Peaches :D I really hope she's OK Nicki. Maxx would love to meet her, and so would I - I do think you wouldn't be taking her home afterwards though. The others are welcome as well mind you LOL In fact, you might not get to take any of them home hahaha

Thanks Donna. Peaches actually came with the name - she was almost 3 when she was given to us as a Wedding Present :D

She was bred by a friend of mine, sold as a puppy and then returned at 8 months - they said they couldn't toilet train her :x

By then she was a nervous wreck, she was a timid pup anyway, and the people she lived with had told my friend that they didn't have children - but neglected to say that they looked after their two young, noisy grandchildren every day icon_yikes

She was timid with other dogs, so they picked her up everytime she saw another dog. She learnt to bark at dogs to make them go away, which has developed into a big issue for her.

I first met her - and her litter sister who my friend had kept anyway - when they were about a year - and completely fell in love with Peaches.

She stayed with us a few times for various reasons, then for a couple of weeks with Lottie {her sister} when one of the older ones was very ill. When they went home, Lottie went first, and then Peaches, but Lottie didn't want her around - they'd always been competitive. Peaches didn't want to be there, she kept looking out the window for us and sitting by the door :cry:

My friend eventually decided to let her come to live with us icon_banana

She had called her Peachling originally after the Grimms fairy tale - as Peaches was tiny. They were born by C-section and Peaches had to have oxygen for 20 minutes. She was by far the smallest.

It does suit her, but probably wouldn't have been our choice - ours usually have "people" names! But then there is Peaches Fifi Trixabelle Geldof :lol:

Not sure whether I could risk you meeting my doglets - I might not get them back :lol:

Nicki said:
She was bred by a friend of mine, sold as a puppy and then returned at 8 months - they said they couldn't toilet train her :x

Oh for heavens sakes icon_yikes Cavaliers are one of the easiest dogs I've ever had to train, toilet wise - even ex-puppy farm dogs soon learn to go outside, they are so clean.

Not sure whether I could risk you meeting my doglets - I might not get them back :lol:

Yup I think you could be right there - especially the delectable Peaches - she'd make a wonderful match for Maxxy :lol: [/b][/quote]

Back